PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Atokad
11-30-2011, 09:15 AM
My name is Chuck, I'm 32 and married with a 13yr old (on dec 12th!) son. I am new to the forum - I've asked Santa for a Fisher F2 for xmas this year so hopefully he can budget me in and I will be new to the hobby as well. I wanted to introduce myself since I will be picking through the posts for information. I've already got 4 places that I think will be fun to hunt and I am planning to spend my spare time up until Christmas at the library checking out any old maps for my area. My dad is also going to be getting a Fisher F2 since our plan is to get him to be a little more active :boxing:

Does anyone know if there are issues with running two Fisher F2's in close proximity to one another? I would hate to get them and not be able to MD together!

Thanks to Ill Digger for posting the youtube vids, that is what led me here and also helped give me the bug :)

Are there any others from the East TN area? Would love to pick someones brain that is nearby!

Lowjiber
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Welcome to your new obsession and the forum. |:cheering:

I have carried an F2 in my Jeep for several years to use for impromptu hunts. I've also used it (over much more expensive machines) in seeded club hunts. They're great machines. You won't be sorry about your choice.

Fisher has an aftermarket 4 coil that is really good in trashy areas. That might be a good one to add after you get the feel of the standard coil.

The F2 is tough. I pulled out my Lesche one day and promptly stuck it through the face plate (that'll teach it :rolleyes: ) and it keeps on ticking some three years later. Try that with a V3i. :rolleyes:

Regarding interference...there should be no problem. Unless, of course, you're trying some &quot:beerbuddy:lue Angel swings right next to your hunting partner. In those cases, there aren't many machines that won't bark at each other.

aloldstuff
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Welcome from western MA. Hope Santa delivers that F2. I have not heard a bad thing about it. Great forum here, lots of good people with a wealth of knowledge. good move going to the library to do research.

Tony Two-Cent
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Atokad is Dakota spelled backwards. I figured that out all by myself. lol

Welcome to the forum! If you've watched Ill Digger's videos you've learned from one of the best!

East Tennessee should be a great place to hunt. We hope to be seeing some of your finds posted here after Christmas! Best of luck!

Atokad
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Santa has confirmed that he will be getting two Fisher F2's for christmas one for me and one for my dad :drool:

The town I live in was founded in 1892 so I hope I can get some old silvers around here!

Tony, nice detective work! My sons name is Dakota.

396nova
11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the forum and hobby from SE Wisconsin. thumbsup01 You should learn much about detecting here. I know I have. Seeing the posts of members will be an inspiration to what can be found. :wow: I hope you get to spend many hours enjoying this hobby with your dad. :clapping: Good luck detecting. My season has ended, :frozen: unless we have some unusually warm weather.

del
11-30-2011, 03:06 PM
hello Chuck and welcome to the forum , i hope you and your Dad enjoy the time together and find alot of nice coins and items to keep you both interested in the hobby. glad you found us .

Dan

Ill Digger
11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks to Ill Digger for posting the youtube vids, that is what led me here and also helped give me the bug :)

Hey Chuck! :groovy:
Glad you checked us out thumbsup01 And thanks for watchin' my videos! |:confused:)
It's great to hear that Santa will be able to swing;) being able to get 2 new detectors this Christmas. thumbsup01 lol :clapping:
You guys will have a blast too. :yes: When we go visit my parents alotta times I'll bring along a extra detector for my Dad to use too. :yes:
Looking forward to your posts! In the mean time. Kick back, grab a cup of joe :interesting: (no charge lol ) and enjoy the forum thumbsup01
As always.... Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

CODY
11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to your finds and post. I started with a Fisher F4, just got a F75 Ltd. Fisher makes some great machines. Here is my lowly advice to you. No matter what brand machine you use, it will talk to you. You must learn the language. You must learn what it is saying. Become one with your machine. The force will be with you! Great finds will come your way. Until your machine gets here, go online and download the F2 manual. It will help to be familar with it before it arrives. Good luck and HH.

Atokad
11-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks Cody I believe I will do that |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
11-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

The F2 is a great machine, as you have already heard. I am looking forward to your finds posts. :yes:

I too don't think it would be a big issue unless the detectors were very close in proximity.

OxShoeDrew
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Hello, I think CivilWarNut is from east TN....I could be wrong. Welcome from the nutmeg state and I hope you're on Santa's good list.

Atokad
12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I am for sure on his good list - I have been filling his head with places to hunt at =D The only problem I am having is that is is 24 DAYS til Christmas!! >:{ I want to go NOWWWW haha

Fire Fighter 43
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Welcome from Wisconsin