PDA

View Full Version : Getting permission to MD city streets?

Atokad
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure where to go to find out the rules about MDing on city sidewalks. I remember a video that said the property between the sidewalk and the road is city property even if it is in front of a house. Is that true and also does anyone know which public office can grant/deny permission to hunt?

Thanks in advance :yes:
~Chuck

Ill Digger
12-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Our very own CyberSage (Jack) has very nice piece he done up on hunting the parkways here:
http://www.americandetectorist.com/parkway_01.shtml

It's a good read! :yes: thumbsup01 :interesting:

Atokad
12-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Fantastic post! Thank you very much for the link!

Ill Digger
12-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Fantastic post! Thank you very much for the link!
Your very welcome! :beerbuddy:
Ol'Jack sure is a master with words ain't he! :envious: :clapping:

Atokad
12-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Well I have called everyone I can think of for the city here and nobody knows about any rules or regulations on metal detecting so I got the go ahead from the city clerk :) :)
There are a few vacant houses in the old part of town I think I will start there along the parkways and maybe someone will come to see what I am finding and that will get me more leads. <:

It sounds good on paper at least - I can't wait for xmas! I haven't been this excited about it since I was a teenager LOL

CODY
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Go for it dude! All they can do is say no!

Beefcake
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM
We contacted the police chief... he said it is public property and there is nothing he can do about it. He did say that if someone complains about it, it's best just to move on to save headaches for both us and him. Most municipalities have their laws online now and you can browse through them... if there is no laws or regulations, I would think it is fair game. I'd go to the police chief though... they are often times less beuracratic than someone in the offices of city hall.

Atokad
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Found out that one f the houses I've done electrical work for in the past was build in 1892 as part of the original settlement of my town. I'm certain that I will be able to hunt this property! :wow: Come on Xmas :shocked01:

My4Kiwis
12-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Ill Digger,

Thanks for the link to CyberSarges article...what a great read! I learned a great deal.

Cheers,
4Kiwis

Ill Digger
12-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Ill Digger,

Thanks for the link to CyberSarges article...what a great read! I learned a great deal.

Cheers,
4Kiwis
Hey no problem! thumbsup01 My pleasure! :grin:
Thats what the forum is for. :yes: :interesting: :grin: