PDA

View Full Version : Half Inch Better With Brand New Pro Pointer

MartinL
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I just recently had a Pro Pointer repaired, some of the concern was the depth sensitivity. I also bought a brand new one in the short term, and the new one still beats the one from last year by half an inch on air tests. It is being a pita to readdress the issue with Garretts? Tia Martin

Spike
12-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I really like my At pro and there coustomer service but to say the least I am very disappointed with the depth of the pro pointer :-\ you almost have to be touching for it to pick up :dontknow: I am spoiled with my Sunray sorry Garrett

MartinL
12-02-2011, 03:42 AM
I am emphatic with the pro Pointer's performance! You misunderstood me completely. New one gets 2 maybe 3, old one 1.75-2. I love my Pro Pointers. martin

Spike
12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
[quote=MartinL link=topic=8034.msg91674#msg91674 date=1322815336]
I am emphatic with the pro Pointer's performance! You misunderstood me completely. New one gets 2 maybe 3, old one 1.75-2. I love my Pro Pointers. martin
[/quote :huh:thinkingabout:? mine is 11/2 at best to and its not that old mabe new ones not as good as old ones :dontknow: and mabe I expect to much lol 2-3 I would be happy with but on small things you have to be almost touching >:#

MartinL
12-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I have found that tiny things such as very, very small pieces of can slaw, have to be almost touching also. I could be missing out on a stud earring here and there. On average, I have only counted on 1.5 inches for the Pro in the past, but this new one stretches out a bit further. Three inches would be a reliable stretch though, yet I do get chirps near 3 in air, at least on a dime. I think I've found my answer. The older Pro Pointer diminished a little over time of use, but still makes a find backup. I can't imagine a different hand held PP keeping up with either of the two. Maybe the Pistol, but not overall. martin

Spike
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree :yes: :yes: I just like the atleast 3in with the sunray :grin: