PDA

View Full Version : Half Hour Hunt Produces a COLONIAL COPPER!

sniffy
12-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I've had permission to hunt a 1760 home just around the corner from my workshop.....It has been a couple months now and I haven't had any time to hunt it. Today I recieved a phone call from the owners that if I still wanted to hunt their yard, today would be the last day to do it....the house has been on the market for quite some time and it finnaly sold, they are movin out. SOOOOOO.....after work I made a mad dash....I got there at 4:10 and by 4:40, at dark....this is what I had in my pocket. The very very first target I dug was the Massachusetts Cent. I couldn't believe my eyes! I've been wanting one of these bad boys for a long time now. (another goal item scratched) I dug some wheaties/memorials....and then popped the button......and then the crotal bell...*BUZZER* TIMES UP.....whe the copper came out I thought for sure it was gonna be in spectacular shape....the soil here is very sandy....however when I got home I discovered a VERY thick black patina/vertigre that will not come off for nothing....and the back has a bit of rock hard corrosion..but all in all it's in nice shape (to me) and i'm very happy to have it. Thanks for lookin!!

pulltabsteve
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Nice, VERY nice!! :clapping: Congrats! Thats an awesome 30 min hunt thumbsup01

del
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
hey congrats on the Mass. cent Jesse , wtg on making another from your list |:cheering: |:cheering:

Ill Digger
12-01-2011, 08:13 PM
..but all in all it's in nice shape (to me) and i'm very happy to have it.
Thats all that matters! :yes: thumbsup01
And for the record I WANT ONE TOO! :girlcry: :girlcry: lol
She beautiful Jess!! :smitten:
The button is a sweet find too! :peace:
Nice work in short order! thumbsup01 :clapping: <:
Congrats :grin:

sniffy
12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice, VERY nice!! :clapping: Congrats! Thats an awesome 30 min hunt thumbsup01
Thanks, the best 30 minutes i've ever spent.

sniffy
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
hey congrats on the Mass. cent Jesse , wtg on making another from your list |:cheering: |:cheering:
Thanks Dan! To bad she doesn't have the arrows on the right eh?

sniffy
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Thats all that matters! :yes: thumbsup01
And for the record I WANT ONE TOO! :girlcry: :girlcry: lol
She beautiful Jess!! :smitten:
The button is a sweet find too! :peace:
Nice work in short order! thumbsup01 :clapping: <:
Congrats :grin:
Thanks! I hope you dig one soon!

aloldstuff
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
What a nice MA coin. Congrats on that 30 in hunt. I am still searching for my ist state copper.

Toadman
12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Awesome !! You gotta talk to the new owners !! Imagine what is still there :-> :-> :->

fsa46
12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Outstanding find. :yes: It's to bad you didn't have the time to take advantage of the offer sooner, must be a lot more goodies waiting to be discovered. :daydream:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-03-2011, 06:58 PM
nice job! my 2 were pretty taosted so i'd be happy with that one |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Awesome !! You gotta talk to the new owners !! Imagine what is still there :-> :-> :->

Yeah..really..maybe you can continue at that site. Nice keepers :clapping: