PDA

View Full Version : No-date Seated Dime...

jkress
12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
almost a No-Seated Seated Dime. lol

I spent the last two hours of daylight this afternoon searching for an Indian Head and found a couple more silver dimes.
There is barely enough information left to identify it as a Seated... but just enough.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-200.jpg

Also found this sterling piece.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-201.jpg

Last but not least, and certainly not in the best of shape... Indian Head #100. :happydance01:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectoristMisc/pictures/picture-57.jpg

The ground can freeze now. :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
:perfect10: WOO HOO!!!! :perfect10:

See? We all knew you'd get Indian Head #100! :yes:

Congrats on reaching that impressive milestone, Joe! :clapping:

Epi-hunter
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Woa Joe! How did that IH in that condition come out of Iowa soil? :confused:

Incredible .... 100 IHs in one year is something I will never see even half of. Fantastic! :perfect10:

The seated dime is a bit worn (okay, well worn) but clearly a seated. Nice score!

Ill Digger
12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
The ground can freeze now. :yes:
Hey, hey, hey! 8/ Not so fast! \:hammer:
I wanna find 100 too :envious: :girlcry: lol I got 30 days! :thinkingabout:................. :rolleyes: Yeah right! 8/ lol
I'm glad you reached your goal Joe! :clapping: Thats alotta IH's! :yes: |:confused:)
And a Seated is a Seated! <: It's still a sweet find! :yes: thumbsup01
Nice hunt Joe! thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

Viking
12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Great job! You can feel great about 2011 when you look back at your year of detecting! thumbsup01

I don't know you personally, but I feel confident in saying that I think you're going to shatter your previous highs in 2012. Your finds for the past few months have been IMPRESSIVE! Way to go! :perfect10:

RaZR
12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you sure there's an indian head under all the stuff? :poke:

Nice finds on the rosie and slick seated. I love a nice sterling piece of anything to brighten a hunt up.

(congrats on # 100)

Cheap Thrills
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Congratulations Joe ( drum roll and cymbals followed by audience applause ) .You did it !! :cheering: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :perfect10:

CODY
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Congrats on IH 100 :cheering: :perfect10:. WTG thumbsup01 Other finds are great also.

dave in iowa
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I knew youd get it , crazy its that bad , my last two indian were bad also , 1st one like that in 6 years , great hunt again Joe , Hows tomarrow look >

Rgorman
12-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Ron said Congrats on the 100th indian head, but it sure is a sad looking thing! :( :(

hockeyguy
12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Seated....count it! Nice tickets Joe. :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Congrats on #100. We had all the faith in the world that you would get it. It's a seated (barely), but still silver. Nice hunting

silversearcher
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Congrats on #100 :clapping: Hopefully next year I will have totals to post.

The ground can freeze now. :hammer: I'll take all the warm weather we can get in New England
:frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

JTGOLD
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
congrats on # 100, thats only 95 more than I got this year..now you will have to get 101 next year to beat your record. :daydream: :daydream: |:cheering:

Toadman
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
:wow: On 100 !! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

randy
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't think that's an Indian. I believe its a Salavdoran 1/2 peso coin :poke: Now get out there and find one we can identify :poke: :poke:

Seriously tho, congrats on the 100 IH, seated, and very fine year. Hopefully next year will be even better.

tanacat
12-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow :shocked04: you can almost NOT see that it's a seated! lol

Congrats on the silver and IH #100!!! :clapping:

pulltabsteve
12-02-2011, 08:33 PM
WTG Joe!!!!! :wow: 100 IHs :perfect10: And yes, it may be a worn seated but its now yours! Good job pal.

jkress
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Congrats on reaching that impressive milestone, Joe! :clapping:

Thanks Tony. I was starting to doubt I'd hit it.

How did that IH in that condition come out of Iowa soil? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. This is probably the worst one of the whole year. I decided to hit a moderate fill area along the street curb and sidewalk at this park. I hit the worn Seated and decided to stick with it looking for a deep IH. Sure enough one popped out. I'm guessing the winter street salt got plowed along there and soaked into the ground. crying01

Hey, hey, hey! 8/ Not so fast! \:hammer:

Sorry... didn't mean to expedite winter with my comment. rofl I'll retract my statement and give you 30 more days of sunny 70 degree weather. :yes: Knowing your skills, your next hole will probably contain 50 IH's. :)

Great job! You can feel great about 2011 when you look back at your year of detecting! thumbsup01

Thank you Viking. I am happy with how 2011 turned out. Hopefully the memories will get me through the winter. :twirlingeyes: lol

Are you sure there's an indian head under all the stuff? :poke:

I'm pretty sure. :confused: lol It's not pretty... but I think there is an IH under there somewhere. :)

Congratulations Joe ( drum roll and cymbals followed by audience applause ) .You did it !! :cheering: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :perfect10:

Thanks for the kind words Sheik. I appreciate it. :yes:

Congrats on IH 100 :cheering: :perfect10:. WTG thumbsup01 Other finds are great also.

Thank you. thumbsup01

crazy its that bad

I know. :dontknow: I was kind of hoping for a fat IH for #100. Would have been a nice end to the year. But I'll take this one just the same.

Ron said Congrats on the 100th indian head, but it sure is a sad looking thing! :( :(

Thank you Kathy. Were going to have to get Ron up to speed on the computer thing this winter. :yes: When I answered his call last night, all I heard was laughing on the other end. lol He said that one shouldn't count. rofl

Seated....count it! Nice tickets Joe. :beerbuddy:

thumbsup01 Gotta love the Explorer. :yes:

Congrats on #100 :clapping: Hopefully next year I will have totals to post.

Thanks a bunch SS. You'll get them... stick with it. :yes: thumbsup01

now you will have to get 101 next year to beat your record. :daydream: :daydream: |:cheering:

lol I hate starting over at zero for the beginning of the year. :hairpulling: 101... lol that's a lot of pressure JT. :yes:
Next year I'll be searching for a honey hole church site like you found. :drool:

:wow: On 100 !! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Thanks TM. thumbsup01

I don't think that's an Indian. I believe its a Salavdoran 1/2 peso coin :poke: Now get out there and find one we can identify :poke: :poke:

lol rofl :cheesysmile: Yep... when I first noticed it being an IH in the field, I thought... This is not going to photograph well. crying01
But if you look real close, it has just enough to count. :embarrassed: rofl

Wow :shocked04: you can almost NOT see that it's a seated! lol

You got that right. Just about a tic-tac size area left. :yes: I wonder how many dollars of purchase power this dime has seen in it's life? :shocked04:
Kind of amazing this was still being used right up to the time it was dropped.

Good job pal.

Thanks a bunch Steve. I appreciate it. I'd trade #100 IH for an hour of hunting in your history rich ground. :drool:

pulltabsteve
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Whenever you can make the trip I'd be more than happy to take you to my coolest spots. But you can only stay for 30 minutes rofl

tanacat
12-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I wonder how many dollars of purchase power this dime has seen in it's life? :shocked04:
Kind of amazing this was still being used right up to the time it was dropped.

This thought reminds me of the movie Twenty Bucks, a twenty dollar bill is followed and see what it represents to different people. Have you seen it? Here's a trailer:

Twenty Bucks (1993) Linda Hunt and the lucky $20 bill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWf2BEnH2G0#)

Fire Fighter 43
12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
A big congrats on #100 Indian and the seated is also a great find.

milco
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Congrats on IH #100 :wow: :clapping: |:confused:)

That IH is so unlike all the others that you find! Nice score on the dimes as well, that seated was in circulation a very long time.