PDA

View Full Version : Do You Carry More Than 1 Digger?

MartinL
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Not a question about if you carry a shovel and a digger...do you carry other than the choice hand digger. I've only packed the Lesche so far, but it does lack features in scooping deep hole dirt. Is it wise to maybe get the Sawtooth Gator along with the Lesche? martin

Ill Digger
12-03-2011, 01:21 AM
I know what you mean. :yes: When I first started MDing I used a hardware store style garden trowels.
After breaking the 5th or 6th one 8/ lol I got my Lesche lol.
I immediately missed the scooping or shoveling ability of the garden trowels crying01 But ever since I just use the Leashe to dig around the edges and loosen the soil then scoop it out with my hands. lol I just don't want to have to carry something else. lol And now I just have to buy new gloves once a month! 8/ lol I wear holes right through the tips of the fingers from digging with my hands! :crazy: lol

aloldstuff
12-03-2011, 08:28 AM
I know what you mean. :yes: When I first started MDing I used a hardware store style garden trowels.
After breaking the 5th or 6th one 8/ lol I got my Lesche lol.
I immediately missed the scooping or shoveling ability of the garden trowels crying01 But ever since I just use the Leashe to dig around the edges and loosen the soil then scoop it out with my hands. lol I just don't want to have to carry something else. lol And now I just have to buy new gloves once a month! 8/ lol I wear holes right through the tips of the fingers from digging with my hands! :crazy: lol

Tim,

Same situation for me, loosen the dirt and scoop out with hands. I had bought a pair of leather gloves from Home Depot for $8 back in June and I still have them, fingertips intact.

randy
12-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I carry three diggers. This is my main one, and dig 99% of holes with it

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7204.0;attach=1489 4;image

Its a Wilcox stainless steel bulb digger, and the first dug over 10,000 coins, and was still fine. Treated myself to a second one anyway, as it had worn down a bit.

Second is the Lesche, which is good for awkward holes with roots, hard dirt, and real rocky dirt.

Third is a composite (plastic) digger I use to get the target.

Celluforce
07-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I carry my Fiskars Big Handle and a North 49 Folding Shovel in case I need something more sturdy...

[attachimg=1]

Daniel <;)

yazoo
07-23-2012, 06:49 AM
I use a wilcox digger along with my lesche. They are very strong and stainless.Come in some good sizes and are priced very good check on google ( Wilcox all pro tools). Yazoo