PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water beach Round 3, Silver, Gold & Hotwheels

cdv
12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
First time out in water with the new CZ-21 and coming to an end of this good weather up here in Ohio so I had to get out when I heard it was going into the 50's. Started out at 8 am driving to the lake and when I got there at 9 am, it was all of 32 degrees. Wearing longjohns, chest waders and gloves with handwarmers in them, I took off to the beach. 1/2 mile walk from the road and by the time I got there, I was overheating so I got right in that chilly water to cool off. This is the beach I've hit twice before with the Sand Shark and I figured it would be a good learning experience since over 90% of the trash was taken out last weekend. I could tell I was there before since the lack of signals. Last weekend I worked the beach, parallel to shore today, I decided to work perpendicular to pick up what I may have missed. Targets were few and far between and I really liked having the capability to switch over to descriminate to hear the tones and decide what to dig. Hit one section and came up with those 6 hotwheels within a 4' radius, got the bell tone on each one of them. The skeleton key necklace is .925 both key and necklace.... funny thing is I found it last week but must have dropped it out of the pouch cause it wasn't at home last weekend. I was hoping to find it again and was lucky enough to do it. After 5 hours, I was beat and decided to make one last pass parallel to the shore and waist deep. I no sooner started and I finally got that good midtone sound. This beach is clay with about 2-3 of gravel/sand on top of the clay, most everything I've dug there is in the top 3 but NO not this signal, I was busting through clay and finally pulled up the 3rd scoop and there was a ring... mans wedding band, 14k Artcarved ring. Of course, now I have to keep on swinging and the sun was starting to get low in the sky... got another signal and it was a high tone so I dug. Came up with a matching earring that I found the other half last weekend.... now I have a complete set.

So all told, I took 7 rings from that beach in three outings, two 14k and one silver. One 14k necklace and one .925 necklace, not bad for a small beach. Beach is about 150 yards long and I could work out about 50 feet before my arms were getting in the water. Maybe next year I'll hit it earlier in the fall when I can use my wetsuit and not worry about wet hands.

Off to another lake tomorrow, 50 degrees again and it is my last day of vacation for the year..... and that S word is coming soon!

HH
Cliff

randy
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Congrats on the gold and silver. happydance02 Sounds like some tough work to get some nice bling. BTW, uttering the S word is not allowed on this forum. lol

Shipwreck
12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
thumbsup01 WtG thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
12-10-2011, 08:45 AM
WTG on silver and Gold!!

skrapman
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
now thats a nice water hunt. :perfect10:. how do you like the CZ ?. I almost bought one. mike

aloldstuff
02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
We shall never utter the S word. Huge congrats on all the gold and silver from that small beach. Can't wait to see your finds from the next lake.

MassDirtFisher
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Congrats on the great hunt, Nice looking gold!! Happy Hunting!!

FatNakedGuy
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
I love finding HotWheels! My 7yr old son thinks I am a hero everytime I come home with one!