PDA

View Full Version : BACK AGAIN TO MY VERY 1ST CELLAR HOLE * COPPA!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Nobody to detect with today so, I went on a solo mission back to my very
1st colonial cellar hole( this is the hole I took Dan to when i was a rookie at cellar holes).working it real slow and still kickin downed branches and rolling rotted trees i managed to pluck a few more keepers. a nice designed Cloak or dandy button.a few flat buttons a huge hunk of lead and what I think is a CT copper? slightly larger in diameter than a King George.was a nice quiet enjoyable hunt.ticks are still wicked

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-03-2011, 07:03 PM
more pics

del
12-04-2011, 06:03 AM
i told you that place was worth a lot more visits way back when we first detected there :yes: :yes: , nice ornate dandy bet that was a very beautiful button back in its day :daydream: :daydream: congrats on the copper (its hard to tell just what it is from the picture though :dontknow:) |:cheering: |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-04-2011, 07:50 AM
i told you that place was worth a lot more visits way back when we first detected there :yes: :yes: , nice ornate dandy bet that was a very beautiful button back in its day :daydream: :daydream: congrats on the copper (its hard to tell just what it is from the picture though :dontknow:) |:cheering: |:cheering:

yeah I will always be fond of this particular site. I'm not sure on the copper either.if I rotate it. It kinda resmbles a NJ? kind of stumped on this one :confused:
whatever it is..is definitely colonial though

Toadman
12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Loving that buton ! |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Dave, do you dig a lot of halfway/iffy signals? You seem to have more trash than me. My partner digs even less trash than me. I wonder if I am leaving a lot of keepers in the ground. :thinkingabout: That button is beautiful. Thanks, Drew

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
A trip down the nostalgic road. As usuall very nice pictures and finds. In its day that button would have been great, would a rich person have worn something like that?

Ill Digger
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
:huh: So! This is were it all began!
And the old girl still ain't done! :clapping: <:
It almost looks like a shield on the LC. Like the New Jersey coppers :dontknow:
Thats so cool! :cool: thumbsup01 Makes ya wonder what else is still laying there waiting for ya :drool:
Nice finds Dave! :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Dave, do you dig a lot of halfway/iffy signals? You seem to have more trash than me. My partner digs even less trash than me. I wonder if I am leaving a lot of keepers in the ground. :thinkingabout: That button is beautiful. Thanks, Drew

Thanks Drew and yeah sometimes i do.but at this site it's so quiet i been digging all signals

tanacat
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Nice finds Dave :) Love the pics as usual thumbsup01 That's neat this was your 1st site ever...