PDA

View Full Version : Bank robbers in the woods??

Snapolson
12-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Got some time yesterday to hunt with fellow forum member DCW (Dan) from Friendly Forum. We met up at Veterans Memorial Park in Bridgeport. Man, what a trash pit. There was even a safe lid that may have been left by robbers!! :shocked04: I did manage a small penny spill by a large tree. I got about 10 memorials.

Dan and I decided to leave the park and get out of the way of a frisbee golf game that was being played around us. lol

We headed over to a small triangle of grass along State St. down in downtown Bridgeport. I've driven by it many times, but this was the first chance to hit it. First I found was a modern clad spill laying right on the top of the grass! Pretty Cool. happydance02 Dan, not finding anything of note, had to take off, but I stuck around for another half hour. Before leaving I dug the wheatie. I knew it would be old when I saw the old weeds caked on it. Turned out to be a 1919. Not bad. It's nice to find at least one old coin, no matter what it is, IMHO.

Happy Hunting!

CODY
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Nice Wheatie!

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Nothing wrong with digging a 1919 wheat. Congrats. Here we are in New England in December and people can still detect and play frisbee....isn't life grand

DennisH
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
cool safe door, did you take it home, might be prity neet if cleaned up. I was hunting a feild once when some older teens started playing frisby football around us, got clobberd in the head. glad it wasn't my machine. :twirlingeyes:

Ill Digger
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
It's nice to find at least one old coin, no matter what it is, IMHO.
lol IMOO too :yes: thumbsup01
A lone wheat has saved the day for me many times too! :yes: lol
Congrats :grin:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-06-2011, 08:07 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....the old tourch to the safe trick! Nice outing and photos! <;)

exsquid
12-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Always nice not to get skunked...Sweet old wheat! Congrats.

Snapolson
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Always nice not to get skunked...Sweet old wheat! Congrats.

Thanks. Yeah it cleaned up really nice.

Dig em all
12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
I hunt Bridgeport alot finding the needles suck