PDA

View Full Version : Silver, Wheats, IH

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Got out with Rob again today. We went to a park here in town that they are tearing up. This is the at park that I went to on Thanksgiving day and when we arrived I noticed that some of the dirt had been moved...lucky me. I got the 1956 Wash there. We then went to another park and I got a wheat there. We decided to do some door knocking, weren't really doing that good at it, so Rob went to this this house that has a Real Estate firm in it. Rob knows the people so we got the okay. This house is from the 1730's. I managed the 1906 IH and another wheat. Also got the Oldsmobile emblem there....can anyone date this item for me:huh:
We then went out door knocking again and we ended up back at a house that we had done before. Managed another two wheats. All the wheats arre fromt he 40's and 50's.

Thanks for reading and keep digging. Isn't this December weather great.........

silversearcher
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
sounds like a busy morning :grin:

nice haul :clapping: , what'd you do after lunch :poke:

did you leave any silver for Rob this time lol

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
sounds like a busy morning :grin:

nice haul :clapping: , what'd you do after lunch :poke:

did you leave any silver for Rob this time lol

NO NO NO NO I did not

randy
12-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad you are still getting out up there and got some nice keepers. Keep digging til the S word hits.

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
I gotta try door knocking. :thinkingabout:

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I gotta try door knocking. :thinkingabout:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=7933.0
It's not that hard. I have put a link to a post by CODY above.

jkress
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Nice bunch of keepers Al. :clapping:
Glad to see you had a productive day out.
A big congrats on the silver quarter. :smitten: Love the IH too.

RobW
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Someday I'll post pics :thinkingabout:

It was a great day of Hunting...while Al killed me on silver....again.....by getting the only silver of the day.

I did manage (1) 1862 indian, (1) what I believe to be an EXTREMELY worn LC (no details left at all, but I think I can see a bit of the outline of one part of a wreath), 12 wheats, an old bottle, and clad, and some other misc.

It was a great day, even though I think we hit a new record for the number of NOs that we got >:#

silversearcher
12-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Also got the Oldsmobile emblem there....can anyone date this item for me:huh:

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: I found this posted on an American Automobile forum in reply to the same question :grin:

It looks like a center cap for the wire wheel covers in the 80's. Probably for a 88 model

Ill Digger
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Well at least all the running around payed off! thumbsup01
A silver quarter a IH and a few wheats constitutes for a good day in my book! :yes: :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

It was a great day, even though I think we hit a new record for the number of NOs that we got >:#
Yeah that door knocking can be either hit or miss :dontknow:
But there's only one way to find out :yes:......you just gotta ask thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm glad that someone has the courage to door knock, but I'm not sure that I will overcome my shyness enough to knock on a stranger''s door. Just not enough confidence in my verbal skills, I guess.

But it looks like it paid off nicely for you, Al! It's always fun finding silver quarters and Indian Heads! Way to get some more keepers before winter sets in! <: