PDA

View Full Version : Possibly last hunt of the season finds.

skribnod
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I made it out today for about an hour and found a few keepers before the season closes for me. With temps around 33 degrees it doesn't take long before the cold finds it way through the layers of clothes. I did manage a few keepers and a couple of what is it's before calling it quits for the day. The first half hour wasn't bad but eventually the coolness leaked through my clothes and did me in! I usually don't post the unidentifiables but I was curious about these two items, any ideas as to what they are? Thanks for looking.
1945 merc, 1893 V nickel, 1875 seated dime.

OxShoeDrew
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow wee...3 nice coins. Super end of the year. |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Wear more clothes and get out there and dig! :grin: Nice finds for a cold day. :peace:

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Please don't hangup the detector yet, with the great finds you are having I look forward to your posts. Does that seated have a mint mark? Congrats on your hunt

skribnod
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the replies, I am sending in the etrac soon to get checked out. It seems I have been having issues with it since I recieved it this spring. Now it goes lower in volume if it tips over or I tap the control box. It does come back in louder if I tap on the control box again.

Please don't hangup the detector yet, with the great finds you are having I look forward to your posts. Does that seated have a mint mark? Congrats on your hunt

Oh yeh, thanks for the reminder...was an s mintmark I forgot to add that.

milco
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Congrats on a great hunt! That's a great way to go out for the season if that is indeed it. WTG! Interesting other items, but I do not know what they are.

jkress
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow... some real beauties to end the season. :happydance01:
A Seated, Merc and V would definitely be the way to end the year.
Well done Jr. :clapping: Not sure about the unknown items. :confused:

fsa46
12-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Nothing like ending the season on a high note. |:cheering: Nice finds indeed. :yes:

CODY
12-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Excellent finds, congrats.

Ill Digger
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Well if thats how the season ends....at least it ended on a high note ! <:
Sweet finds! Specially the seated !
Congrats :grin:
The item in the second picture reminds me of a one way valve for some reason. :confused:
Kinda like a PCV valve for your car. But not a PCV valve :dontknow: lol
And it looks like a stem part broke off it too. Probably why it was discarded :dontknow: