PDA

View Full Version : catching up with jkress

randy
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Dug my 6th IH of the year today, a 1906. Still time to catch up to jkress, if his ground freezes before mine :poke: lol I don't get too many of 'em, as they come out of our acidic soil pretty abused, and it hardly seems worth it and they rarely ring clean, but this signal was too obvious to pass up (also thought it had a chance to be an exotic silver; sounded a bit like my avatar coin). Also dug a '40 merc today to keep my silver streak barely alive at 46 (I think anyway, every time I count it, I come up with a different number :confused:; its an unhealthy obsession), and my 446th silver coin of the year.

Odd on the IH, as this was a 50s schoolyard, but also dug a colonial era buckle, so the site has potential beyond trying to bang out the bulk silver. The targets were few and far between, tho, and even grabbing a few wheaties from this site was a struggle.

Prior to today, managed to squeak out just one silver in each of the 5 out of 6 days I was able to hunt. A few new sites in there, a few old ones. No honeyholes. The problem with honeyholes is that they get hunted out eventually, especially if they are meticulously and aggressively pounded. The one consolation is that I was the one doing the pounding, but all things must pass.

I'll write up more details over the winter, but my posts run waaay too TMI, so that that for now. Tomorrow is another new site I'm excited about; drove by twice, sort of out of the box, but its small. Hopefully some shiny left there for me, we'll see.

HH everyone, and hopefully everyone gets a few hunts in before the dreaded S word hits.

aloldstuff
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Randy, another couple of nice hunts. I managed a 1906 IH today also. That silver total is just awesome :clapping: |:confused:)

milco
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
More great finds, congrats to you on the silver and keeping the streak alive!

jkress
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:
Another silver heavy post. :clapping: Your skills are off the charts.
I'm surprised you don't have more IH's. How many Barbers did you get this year?

By the way... your posts do not contain TMI. It's great to read the details of your hunts. Helps us all out. :yes:

Good luck at your 'out of the box' site. Good things come in small packages. I'll be looking forward to the results. :->

Congratulations on silver #446. :clapping: |:confused:)

p.s. Keep digging... you'll catch up in no time. :poke: lol :)

z118
12-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Nice digs Randy. I'm surprised to learn I've dug as many Indian Heads as you this year... If only I was anywhere near your silver total! The IH's come out corroded beyond belief up here to, but they can still be a fun dig. Congrats as always on the silver!

CODY
12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Very nice!

randy
12-05-2011, 08:11 AM
How many Barbers did you get this year?

I only have 5.