PDA

View Full Version : End of the season silver

jkress
12-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Looks like today was most more than likely my last hunt for 2011.
Spent several hours back at the park I briefly hunted on Friday. Although I did hope
for a few more shiny ones from this site... I'm happy to end the year with a Merc and 11 Wheat cents. :happydance01:

The badge to the left of the Merc is stamped sterling. Not sure what it is though. :confused:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-203.jpg

dave in iowa
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
great end to the season Joe , been a good one , i ended with the 2 indians , so i happy , was the ground froze ? i might brave the cold tommarow for awile.... :frozen:

jkress
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
was the ground froze ? i might brave the cold tommarow for awile.... :frozen:

You had one heck of a season Dave. :clapping:
No, the ground was soft. But with the forecast... crying01
Going to be cold and wind straight out of the north tomorrow. Good luck if you head out. :beerbuddy:

dave in iowa
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
You had one heck of a season Dave. :clapping:
No, the ground was soft. But with the forecast... crying01
Going to be cold and wind straight out of the north tomorrow. Good luck if you head out. :beerbuddy:

Ummm, t-shirt weather lol. we shall see

Ill Digger
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Looks like today was most more than likely my last hunt for 2011.
Well if it is... that's a pretty good one to end with! :yes: thumbsup01
I wonder what the sterling item is? :thinkingabout: Maybe a pin of some sort. :dontknow: Really cool what ever it is! :cool: :envious:
Congrats ! :grin:

z118
12-05-2011, 07:24 AM
That sterling item is a cool find for sure. You had one heck a year. I'm hoping to get in a few more weekend hunts still, but I see snow in the forecast, so we'll have to see!

CODY
12-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Nice finds. Congrats.

aloldstuff
12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice way to end the season. Really like the badge and congrats on the silver.

skribnod
12-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Great end of the season hunt Joe, congrats on the silver :clapping:. I thought my season ended a couple of weeks ago, but just always get that urge to hunt one more time. The ground is still soft but the cold seems to get to me before long. I can go for a while without hunting then the urge gets too strong and I have to go out otherwise the wonder what I could have found today? kicks in towards evening and I get that regret feeling. I kinda wish th ground would freeze...... then I would have an excuse for not hunting lol. Best of luck in the next season and you had a stellar year!

Tony Two-Cent
12-05-2011, 12:58 PM
You have had an amazing year, Joe, but you may still get a hunt or two in before the end of the year. Good job on those items, finding silver always makes for a pleasurable hunt! thumbsup01

randy
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Beautiful silver bling, and an even better season. Hopefully you'll get a couple more in before the end of the year. And here's to an even better next year :beerbuddy:

del
12-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Joe i sure hope your wrong on that weather forecast :yes: but if it is the end of the season for you , i can only say that you had one heck of a year my friend and anyone of us would be proud to have totals like yours . :smitten: :smitten: well done sir :beerbuddy: that little shield is a very interesting piece can you give us a good closeup front and back :huh:

Dan

pulltabsteve
12-05-2011, 07:58 PM
With the AWESOME year you had Joe, I guess you deserve a little rest. Nice St. Christopher medal thumbsup01 :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
12-05-2011, 11:01 PM
That's a good looking assortment of silver you have there Joe it makes for a great picture . :perfect10: