PDA

View Full Version : 1803 Liberty

fsa46
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
The results of a 2 hour hunt before my hips started bothering me and I headed back to the barn. :-\

It appears to be a small date and I can't tell what the fraction is, large or small. :dontknow:

After looking at the picture in the post I'm now wondering if it could be a large date. What do you think guys/gals ? :confused:

aloldstuff
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm sure someone will tell you what it is, but I can't. Great find

CODY
12-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Excellent find!

silversearcher
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
:wow: Nice find!

del
12-06-2011, 05:07 PM
:smitten: :smitten: hey Frank congrats on the draped bust large cent :cheering: :cheering: :happydance01: glad to hear you scored a good one |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
12-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Spectacular find, Frank! |:confused:)

Lots of detail left on it too for a 208 year old coin! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Great find Frank . Nice shape for that ancient beauty . Good coin preparation and camera work to bring out a shot with nice detail like that |:cheering: . My knees and hips were feeling it after some long hunts and my Chiropractor gave me some great stretching excercises that have really helped me a lot . I've been doing them religiously every morning for almost a month now , what a difference !! If possible see a good Chiropractor or check on line for some good stretching excercises , sometimes they can work wonders . :yes:

Ill Digger
12-06-2011, 10:30 PM
After looking at the picture in the post I'm now wondering if it could be a large date. What do you think guys/gals ? :confused:
Oh man! Whata sweet find!! :drool: thumbsup01
I asked my boys, 10 & 13, to take a look with their young eyes. :shocked04:stretcher: lol
We're thinking it might be a 1803 small date & small fraction :huh: Thats our guess :dontknow: lol
Whata find! :clapping: Great outcome for a 2 hour hunt! :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

jkress
12-06-2011, 11:14 PM
<: ... Such an incredible coin. :clapping: :smitten:
I don't get to dig many... any, just one LC's. So I love seeing you guys get them. :smitten:
She's a beauty fsa46. :yes:

exsquid
12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Sweet oldie....Excellent!

Ytcoinshooter
12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice going Frank. From my IPhone I'm not going to venture what variety it is. I dug an 1803 LC that I was able to attribute, I think mine was large date / small fraction...have to look when I get home. Hope we get to hunt together, most likely around March unless the winter is mild, besides the wooded areas are the last to have the ground freeze.
Have you had your hips examined /
X-ray? I know a wonderful orthopedic surgeon. I would be in a wheel chair without him, metal detecting and motorcycles would just be a memory. I completely wore the cartilage out in both hips and had holes in the left femur & pelvic bones. Both replacements work better than the oem parts! Now I test pinpointers by thier ability to sound off on me ;) !!!! Once again - nice find!!

DennisH
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Man that's OLD!!!! WTG.

fsa46
12-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Nice going Frank. From my IPhone I'm not going to venture what variety it is. I dug an 1803 LC that I was able to attribute, I think mine was large date / small fraction...have to look when I get home. Hope we get to hunt together, most likely around March unless the winter is mild, besides the wooded areas are the last to have the ground freeze.
Have you had your hips examined /
X-ray? I know a wonderful orthopedic surgeon. I would be in a wheel chair without him, metal detecting and motorcycles would just be a memory. I completely wore the cartilage out in both hips and had holes in the left femur & pelvic bones. Both replacements work better than the oem parts! Now I test pinpointers by thier ability to sound off on me ;) !!!! Once again - nice find!!

No I haven't seen anyone \:hammer: , I'm going to try and live with it :crazy:. As my main man Dirty Harry would say, a man gots to know his limitations , and I know mine...when it gets bad I head back. :blackeye:

Wow, a 1803 large number , small fraction :drool:, even at an AG-3 grade we're talking $2400....truely a wonderful find. :loveit: :smitten: