PDA

View Full Version : Getting Off To A Good Start With The E-Trac - The Angel Advantage

CyberSage
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, I feel that I got off to a really good start with the E-Trac, even though it was a short period of time I had to hunt. I ended up with 6 Silver Dimes, 1 Indian, and about 30 Wheats in 5 hunts. The recent cold spell, and temperatures well below zero has in fact brought my season to an abrupt end however.
The E-Trac is a truly amazing detector, and you have to hand it to Minelab for creating such a great machine, but there is more to my immediate success than this. I had this forum of experienced users to glean advice and technique from. This is a great resource of information, and the finds made by members here on the forum backup their words, and give legitimacy to that advice that is shared. This being said, I really have to give credit to the individual who has inspired me for years with his finds. You know by now that I am talking about Angel.

Thank you Angel.

Your freely shared knowledge started helping me years ago. I know now that you were spot on in your assessment of how to get that Silver out of the ground. I did well using your hunting technique, and made many nice finds with my DFX, and V3. I decided to purchase the E-Trac simply because you thought so much of the machine. I know that you have never been brand loyal, and this convinced me even more that it was something I needed to experience.

Thank You Angel.

I am very excited about next season, and the prospects it brings with the new machine. I know that when I hit that old park this spring, that I will do well. I know this because along with my detector, pin pointer, and Lesche, I will carry with me the most important tool I Have, The Angel Advantage

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Spike
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
He is the man |:confused:) |:confused:) anyone else with his knowledge would either keep it to themself or try to charge money somehow :angelic: I would love to hunt with him some day to try to learn first hand his tricks but glad he is way up north so I have some hope to find some silver lol

Tony Two-Cent
12-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Where's the *like* button? :dontknow:

thumbsup01

jkress
12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Very well said Jack. :yes:

He is a big reason I switched to Minelab. More importantly, he inspired me to learn how to hunt parks effectively. With his tips and techniques, I went from single digit park silver in 2010 to 92 park silvers in 2011. Add in hunted churches and town commons and the number goes to 110. Never would I have imagined this possible last year.

You are off to a great start Jack. Although you had just a short relationship with the E-Trac this year, you learned it very quickly. I can only imagine how well you will do next year. :->

I'll add my 'Thank You' to Angel here too. :)

earthmansurfer
12-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the report Jack. I like non brand loyal guys, so as we can get to the truth of the matter. I look forward to more of your testing, especially with respect to the V3i and E-Trac on the same targets. In particular I'm curious about the E-Trac nulling masking around iron Vs. how well the V does. Very interesting to compare a true multi frequency machine (one that combines the frequencies) in the E-Trac to one that keeps the frequencies separate in the V3i. Theoretically (as Dankowski said), the V3i should do better in iron as it is a single frequency (transmitting/receiving) machine as they just do better in iron. But looking at the finds of the E-Trac, I wonder - This might be partly due to the E-Trac being HOT on low conductors and that most certainly is due to it using lower combined frequencies. Also, the E-Trac is probably better in bad ground and I do wonder if that is the main advantage over single frequency machines:huh: Would love to see a thorough test comparing soils here.

I'll probably join the E-Trac family next year. The season is almost over here as well.

Lastly, I'll give my thanks to Angel as well. I read what you said about him Jack and started that method as well, finding a target and circling around it. WITHOUT A DOUBT it works and I do it as standard practice most of the time now.

Keep it up,
Albert

randy
12-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Yes thanks Angel :beerbuddy: I think everyone who has read your posts and improved their technique owes a great debt of gratitude. Silver could be a endangered species due to your posts.

And I did have the pleasure of hunting with Angel last spring -- it is definitely a great experience.

And Jack, here's to a huge silver year next year, looks like you are really taking to that E-Trac :beerbuddy:

(And re the soil point, in certain soils on certain channels, the E-Trac can have problems. I've done alot of testing on this, and wrote up a little bit elsewhere on the forum. Just keep an eye on it if your soil is difficult, and test/change channels as necessary).

Epi-hunter
12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Great post Jack :yes: And you have done a terrific job with that E-Trac, with many more good things to come I'm sure :clapping:

Angel has said many times that the great thing about this forum is that we can exchange information and tips. I think that in his case that has tended to work mainly in one direction lol :cheesysmile: I too have become a better detectorist because of his volunteering of time, advice, and information.

The posts of his finds are inspiring. It always gives me the motivation to get back out there, swing more slowly, deal with the trash instead of walking away from it, grid (that terrible word lol )... to continually improve.

midas
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes, Angel is indeed the MASTER of the Etrac. and his willingness to share his silver finding techniques is extrordinary. I'm sure he appreciates all the kind words. How about sending him a silver token of appreciation for all his help in the spirit of the season? He certainly deserves it.

angellionel
12-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Thank you, Jack. I truly appreciate your generous expression and compliment. I'm humbled. :embarrassed: In truth, I also have learned much from the members here as well. It is good to see that the sharing of ideas, tips and encouragement still continues. We all benefit from such exchanges.

Thank you too all who posted your kind and encouraging words! I am very grateful for the support. :)

And Jack, you had a late start with the E-Trac this year, but I know that you will do a great deal of silver recovery next year. You have seen how Randy, Joe and others have been doing by tackling the trashy sites. There is still plenty out there to be found! I suspect that you will have a banner year with Indian Head cents as well. :yes: I personally like the way the E-Trac hits on them.... when I have my mind set on finding them. lol I think you will come to experience the same too. thumbsup01

Again, thank you everyone, for your thoughtful expressions!

pulltabsteve
12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Most people who detect like to keep their tips and secrets to themselves. This hobby is about having fun. I have lent detectors to complete strangers so they can see how exciting this hobby really is. Angel, you use the Etrac for what it was made for, finding deep treasures. Your tips and tricks are helpful to everyone who owns an Etrac. Keep them coming!