PDA

View Full Version : 6,7, and 8th Silver 1st Walking Liberty + 1st Gold ring (Corrected 1946 Rosey)

spywiz
12-10-2011, 01:29 AM
I went out to the old school again yesterday afternoon. I only had a couple of hours. We have had a bit of rain over the past few days, so I decided to go back over some previously covered ground. I loaded the stock coin program with fast recovery as there is quite a bit of old trash in this school yard. I found my first two Mercs here on the second or third day after I got the E-Trac and yesterday it did not disappoint me. I first found a 1952 Silver Rosey. About two feet away I got a mixed signal that sounded like trash at first, but I could tell that a dime was getting masked a bit. I slowed my sweep down and the sound of the dime came through. I dug about 10 inches and found a 1946 Silver Rosey. I checked the hole with my Pro Pointer and found an old rusted pull tab. I removed that and checked the hole again. To my great surprise in the dirt below was my 1st Walking Liberty Half Dollar. And to beat all I found it on December 7th. The date of the coin is 1941. Wow!! I was elated. This is my 1st walking liberty and my 8th silver for the year that started less than two months ago. I have only had my E-Trac since about the 12th of October. I gathered myself and continued for a couple of more minutes. I got another pull tab signal about 2 feet from the two coin hole. I dug about 10 inches and found a gold ring with the setting missing. As I wiped the dirt from the ring, the band broke in two. I got a picture before it broke. It is marked 10k. This is my 1st gold ring. I also found a 1936 wheatie before I went back to the truck. I have had the E-Trac for less than 2 months and have found 3 Mercs, 2 Silver Roosevelts, 1 Walking Liberty Half, a Silver Arrowhead pendant, A Silver ring with stone, A Gold ring, and a musket ball, as well as about a half mason jar full of clad. Oh....lots of useless trash too!!! You ask if the E-Trac makes a difference? In 2 months, you tell me!! I love this thing!!

CODY
12-10-2011, 01:33 AM
:wow: Congrats on some most excellent finds. Looks like that E-trac is doing the job for you. HH

randy
12-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Congrats on all that silver. That e-trac is fun, isn't it?

Fire Fighter 43
12-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Those at some fantastic finds, a big Congrats!!

midas
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
1936 Rosey :) That is a RARE find!!!!!
Congrats on your success. Like the gold ring.

Tony Two-Cent
12-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Great story and photos! You are certainly doing well with your E-Trac! Those are some great finds for such a short hunt, I would definitely be hitting that site again! Congrats on all that silver and gold! :loveit:

DennisH
12-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow, you got a great location there!!! As you get to know your machine I get you find more and older there for years!!

RaZR
12-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Sweet finds spywiz! Congrats on the walker! A 52 rosey and 36 wheatie plus the gold ring gotta have me some days like that.
I got mine in August and have found 32 silver coins and 9 other sterling items.
YES!!! It does make the difference!

GL/HH

PL8MAN
12-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Great finds ! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
That Etrac is singing for you. Congrats on a couple of firsts, gold ring and a WLH. Great post, thanks

Ill Digger
12-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Knock'n out 2 firsts in one hunt!! thumbsup01 Gotta love that!! <: :beerbuddy:
I dig the camo E-Trac too! thumbsup01 :cool: I thought about doing that to mine too :yes: thumbsup01 lol
Sweet hunt , sweet finds :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

jkress
12-12-2011, 12:23 AM
:shocked04: :drool: :smitten:
Simply a perfect hunt. <:
You really knocked it out of the park with this hunt. A WLH by itself would be an awesome hunt.
Add in all the extra beauties you found pushes it to fantastic.
A big congratulations to you spywiz. :beerbuddy: