PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES *BUTTONS* OLD LOCK

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-10-2011, 06:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

decided to go back to the pounded sites me & forino hit yesterday.i was determined to find something at them.one site gave up one flatty & a convex button,the next site gave up the large tombac with broken shank.3 rd site nothing.
on the way up i saw a cellar hole near road with a house set way back behind it.
on the way home i got up the courage to knock on the door.guy answers and i told him what i'd like to do.he said I'll make ya a deal..If you can locate my inground sprinkler heads in back yard you can knock yourself out
Located all 6 of the sprinklers and had one hour left of daylight.he thanked me & I thanked him and off I went.alot of trash since it's so close to road but managed a few decent targets. a huge oxen? ring.this ring sure had it's share of work see the wear spot? a nice designed colonial dandy button with gold gilt still left in the design, a few flat buttons one silvered ,a old SUNBRITE soda bottle waterbury ,conn.and a cool old lock.not a bad day but, not a great day either.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-10-2011, 06:18 PM
more pics

del
12-11-2011, 11:20 AM
the sites look very peaceful Dave ,great Dandy button . i love the hand tooled marks and gilt . |:cheering:

Toadman
12-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Way cool lock !! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: All the best on the return..

aloldstuff
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
That is huge ring. As usual your determination to find something always come thru. Congrats on the buttons and the bottle.

Dig em all
12-19-2011, 05:55 AM
more pics
That is a OX YOKE Ring I have a intact attached one at my work if you would like to see a pic.

CODY
12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Very nice finds. Love the padlock. Congrats! You guys are really lucky to have these cellar holes. I envy ya'll. HH