PDA

View Full Version : Got a holed coin today

pulltabsteve
12-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Its a 1974 penny >{ :rolleyes: Mike and I headed out early to get in our weekend hunt. We stayed local today. Mike posted in the Relic finds forum the not so old foundation with the stone chimney we found in the woods. Still cool walking up on it. We didnt find much here but still had a blast hiking in the woods. Weather this morning was nice. I did find an old fire extinguisher I will clean up. I also found a blue jar that was filled with silver coins. The coins were gone though when I dug it out... :poke:
We stopped at a church to park so we could hit another spot and saw the pastor in the parking lot. We got to talking to him and he said there was a house on the church property that was knocked down in the 30s. Of course we had to ask..... ;) He said we could detect it anytime we want on 1 condition, if we found a jar of gold coins we had to split it with him. Of course we accepted :grin:
Have a great weekend everyone!

RaZR
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Ya gonna clean that up and put a chain on it? rofl
Well, at least you got a new place to hunt out of it.
I haven't found a holed coin yet. New or old.

GL/hh

Cheap Thrills
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Congrats on getting a new hunt any time spot Steve , I could use a few of those . |:cheering:

jkress
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM
lol Who would hole a 1974 cent? rofl Not what I was expecting to see when I clicked on your post. :rolleyes:
Too bad the silver coins were removed already. :yes:
The fire extinguisher is interesting. Do you have a date range on it yet.
Congrats on the hunt... and the holed coin. :poke:

pulltabsteve
12-11-2011, 04:24 AM
The fire extinguisher is interesting. Do you have a date range on it yet.

Joe, it has 2 dates on it. Nov.11 1913 and April 20, 1915.

del
12-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Its a 1974 penny >{ :rolleyes:

:omg: you big tease :hairpulling: lol lol hey i hope you do better next time out . :beerbuddy:

lol Who would hole a 1974 cent?

with a square nail no less :confused: :confused: :dontknow:

aloldstuff
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
WTG on getting that penny. Any Idea of who might have taken the silver coins from your bottle?

odave
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Congrats Steve ! Funny how the jar is always left with the Gold
coins gone lol lol Good luck at the old house spot thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Merry Christmas Buddy

Ill Digger
12-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Not what I was expecting to see when I clicked on your post. :rolleyes:
<} Me either! lol

Congrats on the jar full of silver coins too!! <: Too bad it was empty :( :girlcry: lol
Hopefully the old house spot is a honey hole for ya! :beerbuddy: