PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Group Hunts

CyberSage
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
This past year we have had some great group hunts here in Northern Colorado. Members range from Wyoming to the Denver, Colorado area. I am looking forward to doing this more often this year. If you are interested in this please post here or just use this area to keep track of hunt dates. Locations will be given out just prior to the hunt dates.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/Group-2.jpg

Edit: I forgot a proper introduction. I apologize. from left to right.

Emdees, her husband BetterHalf, CyberSage (me), ColoKid, JayBird and his wife.

A photo during one of last years hunts

del
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
looks like an enthusiastic bunch Jack and alot of fun too. :yes:

CyberSage
02-14-2010, 05:20 PM
It was a blast! We all were swing'in Whites detectors in this picture, however this year we have a member who is using the E-Trac. This is going to be a lot of fun and informative as well. Mid day we always have a picnic and swap stories. My Wife actually started swing'in my old DFX and did quite well at the get togethers.

SeabeeRon
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Some familiar faces there Jack, would be fun to see names though! Hope you guys get out together again when it warms up!

superbowls
02-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Count me in on a group hunt. Would be a good way to meet some other people from Northern Colorado.
I would assume that by sometime in August or Sept. it will get warm enough for the ground to thaw.

Ron in WY
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I'll keep an eye on this thread for the group hunts. Just a short drive from here in Cheyenne.

Ron

CyberSage
02-20-2010, 10:33 PM
That's great Ron. Our last group hunt of 2009 was in Cheyenne. We hit a couple of parks and came away with a lot of Clad, some Wheats, and a Gold ring. Got rained on a lot but had a great time. Look forward to making your acquaintance.

Jack

Ron in WY
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Saw a couple of guys checking out a V3. Maybe they were part of your group? Very rarely do I see another hunter.

Lots of road construction lately, especially in what I consider a target rich area, i.e. the area between the base and downtown. Some areas in the old part of town are on the National Historic Register, so check first. If you go to Holiday Park, look on the Southwest corner (By the little bldg) for a big plaque that shows some of the areas on the register. Not sure if they are all on there.

Never had a problem in the parks here. Talked with one of the park guys and told him he would not be able to see where I had been hunting. He said that is all they care about.

Ron

CyberSage
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Holiday park is a great park. We did not hunt it the day of the get together . I have hunted it many times and found a lot of Wheats, No Silver though. My Wife and I hit it in October and got snowed out.

CyberSage
07-17-2010, 09:17 AM
We are in the first stages of planning an August group Hunt. Date and location to be announced. This will be an all day event with a BYO picnic lunch. Stay tuned. We should have both E-Trac's and V3's along with a good mix of other detectors participating in the hunt.

Jack

rsarge1
07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Great sounds good to me jack! <:

I would love to take part if i can. :cheesysmile:

Sarge

CyberSage
07-24-2010, 10:43 AM
You bet Sarge! Keep watching this thread...

Jaybird
08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
You can count me in, Jack. I've only been out a few times with the E-trac but it is really killer on dimes and especially silver ones. I'm working on the rings now. Nickels are geting easier to find but I haven't been out much in the last 2 months as we went through 3 hail storms and are just geting straightened out with the house work so will try to watch the forum more often. I really adhere to Angel's recommended settings and methods as well as Okie Digger's. Great post.
:grin: Jay

CyberSage
08-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Looking forward to seeing you and your at the hunt Jay! Should be a lot of fun.

CyberSage
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
The Northern Colorado hunt is officially planned for Sunday, September 19th 2010. We have a several members that have checked in for the hunt. We will be in the Cheyenne, WY. area. We will meet at 9:00am. I will not post exact locations until the day after the hunt. If you send me a PM I will give out the details. There will be several V3's and E-Trac's participating this year. This should prove to be very educational and a great opportunity to get a hands on experience with these detectors. This is always a very fun get-to-gather. Bring a picnic lunch!

Jack

Canardly
09-15-2010, 12:54 AM
I would like very much to attend this hunt so please count me in.

Ron in WY
09-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Jack:

I'm going to be there. I'll be bringing the E-Trac.

Ron

Myownwings
09-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Take a bunch of pictures and have someone do video. That would be fantastic.

CyberSage
09-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Hello Ron!

I sent you a PM with more information. Look forward to meeting you.

Jack

Ron in WY
09-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Got your message Jack and look forward to meeting you. That area sounds like a winner and I'll pass along some research about the old lake.

Ron

Butch in Colorado
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey, can a couple of folks from Colorado Springs join in on the fun when you do it again?

Sounds like a good time to me. I'm sure I can cajole the wife to join in as well.

CyberSage
01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
All are welcome Butch! Look forward to meeting you.

M-Taliesin
01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Howdy Jack!
I'd be up for taking part in your next hunt. As you know, I was in Texas for the last one. Now that my leg has been mended, it may take awhile for me to get my flexibility back but would certainly be interested in an upcoming hunt.

How about including me on your next go-round? Maybe I could bring my V3i along so you can see what terrible shape it is in! I think that master reset screwed up the calibration something fierce!

But I digress. I'd like to know about the next hunt, and maybe even make a video of the outing!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CyberSage
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
I will make sure and post details here. We usually just have one hunt, but with the new interest in the hunt may be it's time to do it more often.

giant056
01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I haven't been to Colorado in years but if I decided to go I'll definitely let y'all know :yes: