PDA

View Full Version : I Think I'm Ready....

fsa46
12-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Excalibur 1000 :thinkingabout:. I don't do much land hunting in the warmer months because of the ticks :girlcry:, poison ivy crying01, vegetation :hairpulling:, and coming home soaked to the bone >:/. I figured this will fill the void :yes: and take care of that problem.

So, I have a couple emails sent to local dealers to see what they can come up with :yes:.

I have done a lot of research and like the sound of the Goldmaster headphones instead of the stock set that I would keep for a back-up if I go in that direction.

I have all Winter to read the manual and research the Excalibur forums on websites. Yup, it's time to take the plunge....literally. |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Good luck! I may be heading in that direction soon too. Living on Long Island, surrounded by water, it only makes sense. |:cheering:
I'll never completely give up my land hunting though.

RaZR
12-11-2011, 11:20 AM
You could still end up soaked to the bone. rofl
If you can find out if there was an area around the lake where they used to have activities for summer visitors that would be the area to hunt. If it was where the public swimming area is located now then that area could supply you with new and old finds. I have an innertube float that i tie to my beltloop to keep all my stuff in while i hunt. It has a plastic pan tied in to the middle with holes drilled in it so the water drains out.
Good luck with your aqua hunting endevor. It is different thandigging plugs!

HH