PDA

View Full Version : Meager Finds in the Cold

z118
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Another busy weekend but I did manage to get in a little swing time. Temps were in the mid 20's each morning, and there was a dusting of snow on the ground but the ground itself has yet to freeze. Once the sun came up it warmed up into the low 30's so it actually wasn't too bad. The nice thing about the cold is that no one is outside anywhere, so I can hunt where ever without worrying about being disturbed. I hunted one old favorite spot without much to show for it, and hit some new spots as well. All in all it was a slow weekend but at least I came away with two bits of silver - a nice Claddagh ring and a small sandal charm. Total coins was only 136 worth $9.83 including one lonely wheat penny. One way or another I'm just glad to still be detecting this late in December. I'm hopeful I'll be able to get in some hunting next weekend too.

Happy hunting.

odave
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Good bunch of finds !!
Hunting in the cold does keep the people at home :grin:
Congrats on the finds thumbsup01 thumbsup01

CODY
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
thumbsup01 Silver is silver my friend! Congrats, thanks for posting and HH

Ill Digger
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't say those are meager finds Z \:hammer: lol
Almost 10 bucks in clad ! :shocked04: Dude! :shocked04: Did you even get off your knees at all today!?! :dontknow: lol
I helps when one coin is a dollar by it's self :yes: lol
And you even got your daily wheat! thumbsup01 lol
Great haul Z! |:confused:)
Congrats! :grin:
Is the Suzan B a 1979 by any chance? :huh: Seems like everyone I've seen posted is. :dontknow: lol

jkress
12-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Definitely worth the cold Z! :clapping:
Score on the sterling pieces and Wheat. Plus... almost a $10 bump in your clad count. :peace:
Congrats.

aloldstuff
12-12-2011, 07:59 AM
If I couyld find as much clad as you did I would be a happy camper. Congrats on the silvers and lets keep wishing for the weather to stay as nice as it has been.