PDA

View Full Version : Squeezing The Wheats!

Bell-Two
12-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Went back to the place where I got the nice Indian and Washington last week and went to the section that is super trashy. Decided to do an experiment with with a tight discrimination even though I knew I would get a lot of nulling out. Used my Sunray X-8 coil and in one small area I picked up 4 wheaties and in another part of the area got the 5th, not bad for about an hour hunt. Not the easiest way to hunt but it is fun to experiment some. One of the wheaties was giving me a 20-42 reading and yep there was some iron with it. The bent wheatie is either a 1909 or 1919 so worn can not tell for sure.

Hunting With Bell-Two #76 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyY5evO-gs#ws)

Ill Digger
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Your like a sharp shooter with that thing! lol thumbsup01
With all the wheaties laying around there has to be a silver or two left for ya :yes:
Nice huntin' Tony! thumbsup01
Congrats on the wheats! :grin:

aloldstuff
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Very nice way to hunt and congrats on the 5 wheats. I have to agree, there is silver there somewhere

DennisH
12-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Way to pick the goodies out of the trash. I just got a 6x8 SEF for the trashy areas. Do you have any advice on useing it?

Bell-Two
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Way to pick the goodies out of the trash. I just got a 6x8 SEF for the trashy areas. Do you have any advice on useing it?

You have to go slower with it smaller detecting area means slower swing speed. Investigate any plausible signal by turning at different angles. That works best for me.