PDA

View Full Version : Indian Head #50!!!

Ill Digger
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I made plans to hook up with Mike Silverstar, Rob Tech 125 & Ted for a hunt Sunday morning . Getting a late start :embarrassed: Mike gave me a call and said the ground was frozen and undiggable at the original meet place. :shocked04: >{ So we met nearby and hunted the woods till around noon, giving the ground a chance to thaw out lol But before we left the woods I was able to find my 50th IH of the season!! <: :happydance01: Number 50 turned out to be a 1895 thumbsup01 Midday we drove over to the original spot and hunted there till it started to get dark out. Fighting between 2 and 6 inches of frost along the way. The second hole there I dug the ugliest Merc I've found to-date 8/ lol it's a 1945. The surprise of the day came late, just before the approaching darkness and cold ran us off. :frozen: From 9 inches came my 110th silver of the year! :shocked04: <: #110 is a 1902o Barber dime! :cool: thumbsup01

The days bounty thumbsup01 Minus $4.22 in clad.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1260.jpg

The reverses.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_1261.jpg

Coming into this season I never thought I would reach 100 silvers! Let alone 110! I also never foreseen 50 IH's! Wow! :shocked04:
If the ground froze solid tonight I'd be content with the way my season has gone. :yes: |:confused:)
But it's suppose to get up to the low 50s in the next couple of day! thumbsup01 :happydance01:
You know I'll be out trying to add to the totals :yes: thumbsup01 lol

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :groovy:

dave in iowa
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
good hunt . Joe and i may get out this week, warming up for a few days and off we go ... |:cheering:

CTDirtFisher
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Nice and grads!

silver star
12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Timmy, I love that O Barber :smitten:. Big congrats on silver total and your 50th IH of the year. I had great time yesterday and for sure next season we will need to go back to that park. BTW fight was great :peace:. Talk later bud. HH Mike

CyberSage
12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice December hunt Tim! Congratulations on the on all the nice coins. That will teach that Merc to get in the way of your digger! lol

del
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:[size=1:crazy:t]50 Indians :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

very sweet Tim and congrats on the silver total , i sure hope you do get to add to both of them totals |:cheering: |:cheering:

milco
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Excellent finds! The woods is going to be nice and soft under leaf cover for awhile yet so get back out there! Congrats on # 50 and yes, you had a fantastic year! We will finally hook up next season!

PL8MAN
12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Sweet finds ! Congrats thumbsup01

jkress
12-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Nice! :peace:
Great job on the targets Tim. :clapping: The Barber was very well earned at nine inches. :shocked04: Anything below the eight inch mark starts to get a little iffy.
No worries on the Merc. You probably had your digger set to +1 instead of +1.62 :yes: ... lol :poke:
A big congratulations on a fantastic year buddy. I know you had a huge chunk of your season wiped out by work this year. You really made up for it when you could. |:confused:)
Well done sir. :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Tim congrats on #50 and the Barber. You are right that is one ugly merc. Nice hunting

Ill Digger
12-13-2011, 02:10 PM
good hunt . Joe and i may get out this week, warming up for a few days and off we go ... |:cheering:
Thanks Dave! Good luck! thumbsup01

Nice and grads!
Thanks Paul! |:confused:)

Timmy, I love that O Barber :smitten:.
Oh yeah! :yes: thumbsup01 Me too! <:
Yep! We definatly will have to go back there in the spring! :yes: :drool:

That will teach that Merc to get in the way of your digger! lol
:yes: Yeah it will! :beatdown: lol Whats a Merc doin' at 4 inches at a modern football field anyways ? :dontknow: lol
We'll just call her Scar Face thumbsup01 lol

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:[size=1:crazy:t]50 Indians :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
very sweet Tim and congrats on the silver total , i sure hope you do get to add to both of them totals |:cheering: |:cheering:
Thanks Dan! Me too :drool: lol

Excellent finds! ...Congrats on # 50 and yes, you had a fantastic year! We will finally hook up next season!
Thanks Darren! |:confused:) I can't wait! thumbsup01

Sweet finds ! Congrats thumbsup01
Thank you sir! |:confused:) :beerbuddy:

Nice! :peace:
Great job on the targets Tim. :clapping: The Barber was very well earned at nine inches. :shocked04: Anything below the eight inch mark starts to get a little iffy.
Thanks Joe! |:confused:)
Yeah it could've just as easily been a nail at that depth :dontknow: lol But the pin point was right on. So I had a pretty good feeling when I started to dig :yes: :drool: :drool: <:

Tim congrats on #50 and the Barber. You are right that is one ugly merc. Nice hunting
lol Thanks Al! Yeah I don't know whats up with that Merc. :confused: I haven't even tried to get that stuff off of there yet :dontknow: lol

leslie(nova scotia)
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....that is indeed a milestone and congrats. Best of the season to you and da brood me son! <;)

tech125
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Tim,

Congrats on your 50th IH, also the diging that day was tough to say
the least, you earned your 110th silver :wow:

Tony Two-Cent
12-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Congrats on your 50th Indian Head and 110th silver, Tim! Both are very impressive totals, very inspiring! I can only dream of reaching such milestones. Love the Barber Dime! :loveit:

Good job! :clapping:

DennisH
12-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Sweet digs!!!

Snapolson
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Boy, that Merc is beat up from the feet up!! :boxing: Congrats all the same!

Fire Fighter 43
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
WTG Tim!! Those are some nice finds and congrats on your 50th Indian. I'm jealous, I wish I could be out swinging. The weather has been good enough to hunt around here but the recent surgery will not allow it. The one year I can't hunt in December and we have mild weather, go figure.