PDA

View Full Version : Savannah GA

CBnKansas
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Hello from Kansas where it is so flat that on a clear day you can look at the horizon and see the back of your head.
I did a search for Georgia and did not get much so I am asking for information on Savannah Georgia. I may have a job there and want to take my detector but wonder about the rules in GA since it is such a historical state. Any information that will help keep me out of trouble would be great. If the job works out I will be there without my family for a month or so and be working 4 days a week. I should have lots of time to hunt.

cb (AKA funnyfarmman)

del
02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
welcome CBnKansas its good to have ya here , as far as the great state of Georgia i can only say its a beautiful state but that is as much as i'm allowed to talk about . ;) lol

Dan

Epi-hunter
02-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey funnyfarmman aka CBnKansas! (Everyone is really testing my memory with all these name changes; I'm too old for this lol ) I'm glad you made your way here thumbsup01

I know nothing about Georgia; hope someone else can chime in there. Definitely worth taking your detector and trying some places out.

Jack Flynn
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
In Ga. you can detect schools when not in session. Beaches as long as they are not private. Anywhere you can get permission for sure. Now state parks are off limits, historically marked places too, not unless you have permission from the landowner. Plenty of places to detect in Savannah and across the river in S.C. Use your imagination.

Ill Digger
02-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome from the frozen corn fields of Illinois :grin:

CBnKansas
02-14-2010, 11:09 PM
In Ga. you can detect schools when not in session. Beaches as long as they are not private. Anywhere you can get permission for sure. Now state parks are off limits, historically marked places too, not unless you have permission from the landowner. Plenty of places to detect in Savannah and across the river in S.C. Use your imagination.

I bet you are right about sites being marked if they are historical. These days they put up signs to prohibit about anything someone things you should not be doing. I forgot big brother will be there to help me stay on course. LOL.
I just always try to not do anything that will reflect badly on the hobby. Since I have never been to GA I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the locals.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice everyone.
cb

johnboy11171
02-14-2010, 11:24 PM
:)Welcome to the group.I live in Port Wentworth,Ga.It is about 12 miles from Savannah,Ga. There are woods and playgrounds you can metal detect in. We also have a Metal Detecting club here.Here is a link to our club:
http://cehha.homestead.com/CEHHA.html
Here is my e-mail if you would like to talk some more:
johnboy11171@yahoo.com
Have a good Night
John

SeabeeRon
02-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey, I recognize that great Kansas humor!! lol

RickO
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard CB..... HH RickO