PDA

View Full Version : DFX Training

starman2
12-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Nice Day Today in Michigan! Thought I would take my new DFX out and practice a little. Decided on someplace close. Went back to my favorite nature center. This place was established in 1921. With a large 2 story house. That was used as a fish hatchery. And 3 acres of land. I have been hammering this place all summer, with the XLT. Found a little silver. Couple of 45 quarters, 3 mercs, and I think 9 rosies. Lots of clad, a few rings. Among other little tidbits. As usual. Thought I had it pretty much cleaned out. Going over, what I thought was the same spots. Ended up with a couple more bucks in change, and a boy scout kerchief holder. Among them. I found my first fifty cent piece. To bad it was clad. But still, I was glad. Found the half with a quarter along with it. I guess you never completely clean an area out. There's no way to hit every spot. Unless maybe you make grids. It amazes me. How many goodies you can find, in one area. If you keep working it. Needless to say. I'm going to keep swinging that park till the ground freezes. The DFX is looking better all the time! Today, just for the heck of it. I used tone I.D. It was kind of wild. But I think it really helped. I was hearing lows and highs at the same time. Moving the coil into different positions around the sounds. I was able to seperate out the lows. And was able to hone in on the highs. Something I had not really tried with the XLT. I was running a D2 coil. That may have helped. Using the deep silver program. Yay DFX!! Weather man says it's going to be nice again tomorrow. Look out Nature Center!

del
12-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Starman2 ,
the tone i'd' feature on the dfx is one of its best options that and the v.c.o. , i'd recommend using both an get very aquainted with its sounds . much later when you get very use to them you'll be able to pick out the good targets from just partial tones mixed in with others like the iron grunts and chirps .glad you got a chance to swing the coil some more .

Dan

aloldstuff
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Very nice that you are able to still do some digging out there in Michigan. I have never run a DFX but I can say that I have never heard anything bad about that unit. Keep digging as long as you can........

leslie(nova scotia)
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....sounds as if you are one with your machine. Congrats on the big silver and best wishes in this festive season! <;)