PDA

View Full Version : greetings from Illinois

two_bit_digger
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM
New member in central Illinois saying hello to everyone!! I've been part time detecting for 14+ years (using a Sovereign XS with DTI III meter and 8 coil). I hunt mainly 1800s farm or school sites. At my favorite hunting sites I have had good luck finding some nice silver, a lot of IH pennies, and some large cents(oldest 1839), no gold coins yet but have found gold and silver jewelry. Just purchased an Etrac and can hardly wait to go back over those sites to see what i had passed over.
Here are some previous finds. All except the 3 cent and the Canadian 5 cent came from the same hunting area..3 long gone home sites on a dirt road.

good luck to everyone!!!

http://www.zewp.com/dump/photo/silver026i856.JPG

aloldstuff
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the forum from western MA. Congrats on getting that Etrac and really love the posted finds. Looking forward to more of your posts.

two_bit_digger
12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
thank you!!

can't wait to use the etrac on those sites...unfortunately hunting season is in and the best sites are in an area where deer hunters are known to shoot anything that moves
:white:usaflag::

i'll try a safer area to MD, weather permitting

Tony Two-Cent
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum from another Central Illinoisan! Those are some great finds you've made! I'm still looking for my first seated liberty coin. :blush: Very cool that you found a 3-cent silver too!

I predict that you will love your new E-Trac. I got mine in March of this year. You'll definitely have to let us know how you do with yours!

Good luck and happy hunting! thumbsup01

two_bit_digger
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi Tony. I'm not far from Springfield, and hunt mostly in Sangamon, Cass, and Christian Counties. I've been doing a lot of reading and video viewing to get to know the etrac, hopefully i'll have the hang of it by spring.

there's a seated waiting somewhere for you..good hunting

Fire Fighter 43
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin, those are some fantastic finds. it looks like your hunting my type of areas. Good luck with your new Etrac I know your are going to be impressed with its ability.

Ill Digger
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey two_bit_digger! :groovy:
Man! Silver at the end of a dirt road! :drool: Sounds like a dream I had once... :smitten: :daydream: lol
Great finds!! thumbsup01 :envious: I really like the 3 center!
I'm still lookin' for my first one! :drool: :daydream:
Glad you found us!
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of northern Illinois! :grin:

Full Metal Digger
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome two-bit from St. Clair County Il (just south of you). From the looks of those finds you're going to fit in just fine with us Illinois hunters. With coins like that, we already hate you. lol Best wishes and HH! Dave.

Relicminer
12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Welome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twirlingeyes:

two_bit_digger
12-15-2011, 06:37 AM
thanks for the welcome, everyone!!!

DaddyD', don't be so hateful \:hammer:...you hunters in the south get more warm days to hunt than we do up here...i should be the one hatin' :teasing:

del
12-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Hello Two_bit_digger
welcome to the forum , you have found some real silver beauties :smitten: :smitten: my congrats to you . you'll definately squeak more coins from your spots with the e-trac . nice to have you here .

Dan

jkress
12-16-2011, 12:47 AM
:shocked04: Now this, my friend, is a great introduction and photo. :smitten:

I search long and hard for finds like this. A great big congrats to you. :clapping:

Looking forward to you future posts. :->

It's great to have you here with us. :beerbuddy:

OxShoeDrew
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Impressive finds...maybe you'll strike gold with the etrac. Welcome from the nutmeg state.

two_bit_digger
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM
thank you, jkress and charlives. striking gold is the dream we all have.
especially coins :drool: :drool:

best of luck to all

JTGOLD
01-08-2012, 10:59 AM
welcome to the forum from another central Illinois guy.

two_bit_digger
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
thanks, JT!!!
some of my relatives live in Pontiac...no, they're not living in the prison. lol

randy
01-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. I think I need shades to look at all that silver. Good luck with the E-Trac, no doubt you will pull a few more from those sites.

CODY
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Looking forward to seeing more of your great finds.