PDA

View Full Version : Praise On V3i For Low Gain Detection

MartinL
12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I've been tweaking the V with the 6x10DD coil today after doing months of here on test coins with the 10&quot:grin:2. I was shocked just now that on my go-to 6 quarter, that I could trickle down the gain all the way to 2 and still get rather good tone and an 83 Vdi report! North Texas is about as rain soacked as it gets, so that surely helps. Still, with AC sensitivity set at 90, and still get a working response down with an Rx of 2 was something else. I've complained enough, so I thought I would post V3i appreciation for a change ;-) martin

Ytcoinshooter
12-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Yup! That's what I've been reading & learning. The rx gain is not the key to depth like the disc sens. Rx gain allows more noise in if set very high in a tough emi surrounding and or bad ground. Rx gain will let us hear more but it has to be cut off at the point of deminishing gains - don't want to hear ground noise.
The V is sensitive!
HH!

Zip Zip
01-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I am happy to see you are still sticking with the V Martin (it just wasn't any Fun for me).
Sold my MXT Pro to make the final payments on my car.But will replace it with a TDI/SL (i live in the land of hotrocks). I guess i will always be a Knobberstyle of detectorist.