PDA

View Full Version : Round 4... Holy Midtone Batman

cdv
12-17-2011, 06:02 PM
33 degrees, snow, minimal wind, day off, what the heck to do:huh: Ah, you will never know your limits until you test them! Off to the Fresh water lake again for Round 4. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had lowered the lake even more. I was walking on wet sand where 4 feet of water was two weeks ago. I could see all my scoop drag marks and that let me know how well I had covered the water two weeks ago. I started working the beach where I had left off two weeks ago and the very first target was a pleasing strong midtone.... Unfortunately, it is a Stainless Steel ring I think. Markings are INOX 316L.
A little further down the beach and I saw the area I had plucked 6 Hotwheels from, I knew I hadn't got them all and could see two peeking through the surface, found 4 more for a total of 10 out of one 3 foot area. I figure some kid capsized a float that had his cars on since this would be in about 6 foot at normal lake level. On I went and about an hour into the day, I got a midtone signal that went high tone on the backswing and then hit low/mid at a 90 degree sweep. I figured it was trash and almost didn't dig but since I was only digging good signals and hadn't had many yet, I dug away. Turned out to be another tarnished 14k womens wedding band. Fits my little finger perfectly. Of course, I got excited and stayed a total of 4 hours in the cold and snow but that was it other than a little clad, the small lock and the Batman action figure.

4 trips now to that little beach, 4 pieces of 14k from it. I seriously doubt there is anything left so I'll probably leave it alone and hit some of the exposed shorelines IF mother nature lets me. Wonder if I can handle the 25 degrees tomorrow morning:huh:thinkingabout: LOL

HH
Cliff

Fire Fighter 43
12-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Congrats on another successful hunt!!

aloldstuff
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Mother Nature ain't holding you back. Congrats on another gold.

CODY
12-20-2011, 09:38 PM
HOLY CRAP BATMAN, that looks cold! The South does have a few good points. LOL Congrats on the finds. Weather looks like a Jim Beam kinda day to me! HH

Shipwreck
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
thumbsup01 good one thumbsup01

fsa46
01-06-2012, 06:38 AM
WTG |:cheering: If my damn scoops ever get here I'll be able to get started to. >:{

plehbah
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
We love gold and silver!

skrapman
02-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice little gold ring, is the other ring a spinner?. found one last summer. great hunt |:cheering:

cdv
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice little gold ring, is the other ring a spinner?. found one last summer. great hunt |:cheering:

No, it wasn't a spinner, haven't found a spinner yet... but I'm sure it will happen in time.

Cliff

JTGOLD
02-18-2012, 11:44 AM
very good hunt,wtg.and I like the little cars.