PDA

View Full Version : E-Trac Video Mount

earthmansurfer
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Here you go. This is the Magic Arm I bought on Ebay. They have different clamps so make sure you get the nicer and more adjustable one.

There is ZERO arm interference (pic one) next to the arm as you can see there is plenty of space and the mount is off to the left slightly. I checked and it's more space than my V3i but that was enough for my medium build. Note that I rolled up the bottom inch of rubber hand grip to get a tighter fit. It's easy, quick and doesn't hurt anything. The third pic shows how you can leave it folded up while you hunt. It is very very quick to get ready to film and rotate.

Note - I didn't use this on the video I posted on 12.17. If you want to see it in action just watch a short V3i video on my channel. It works really well and is GREAT to see all three of: The screen, the coil area and then you can quickly turn it and film the dig from 2 feet above. It really works well as an educational aid because the screen is filmed.

I'll try to film tomorrow but don't have a glare shield on my E-Trac yet and that made a world of difference with my other films. The arm is very adjustable though so combating glare also comes from the angle as well as where the sun is of course!

Hope that was inspirational, ;)
Albert

CyberSage
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for this Albert! I appreciate it.

DirtFisher
12-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Very nice setup!

Jeff (or)
12-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Looks great!!!! :cool:

Ill Digger
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Thats a neat little piece of equipment thumbsup01
That would make my live digs a little more stable! :yes: lol
Thanks for the tip! thumbsup01 |:confused:)
:thinkingabout: About how much does it weigh? :huh:

earthmansurfer
12-29-2011, 06:55 AM
It weighs .7 pounds (11 ounces) plus the camera. Since it is behind your hand, it only helps with balance though. I don't notice a difference with it on or off to be honest.

It really is a nice solution and sometimes I just leave it in the up position as you can still see the screen. Either way it is very fast to adjust and such.

EMS

markg
05-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the photo Albert.
I might try a video or two, but doubt I could ever produce one as well as you.

earthmansurfer
05-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Hey Mark,

Thanks for your kinds words. It is pretty easy to make a video, remember, there is editing - the savior of bad filming!

Though the final product is pretty much what I film, sometimes I say extra things and edit it out, sometimes I make a mistake and instead of stopping, I just start again and edit later. You can add text and even inline audio from home if you forget something. I have an idea before I go out about what settings or such that I want to test and play with. But also, if you come across a target and are playing with it, it sort of inspires you to try new things, so play away. Basically, what you see when you watch a video, I mostly did before I started filming, kind of like a dry run. (The funny thing is sometimes things change, like the signal gets worse or better and what I thought I might say is totally wrong now! eheh)

To be honest, it is just fun for me to make videos and I think if it is like that for you, you will bring your unique approach.

We really need a thread somewhere with suggestions about making videos. I don't even use music. And only use humor when dogs or sheep come around. ;-9

The great thing about making videos, outside of just sharing information and helping others, is that I get some GREAT SUGGESTIONS and CORRECTIONS from some incredibly experienced hunters. Give and you shall receive. thumbsup01

Albert

markg
05-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Will you be able to use that with your new machine?

markg
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Not been able to find the exact arm on ebay yet.

earthmansurfer
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought I sent you a link?
Just put this into ebay

11 Inch Magic Arm 11 arm+Super Clamp for DSLR Rig Camera to Monitor LED Lamp

Note this one has the better clamp, as does mine. Looks identical. You might be able to find it somewhat less.

Albert

markg
06-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Hey Albert I found the same arm, but, wow $50 is a lot. thumbsup01

DirtFisher
01-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Just got the arm today. Waiting for the LCD backpack for the camera to come so I can fine tune it, but this is going to work great! Plenty of room for my hand to grab the handle. Thanks for posting, EMS!