PDA

View Full Version : bent merc today, silver dimes yesterday

randy
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Yesterday hit an old school that grudgingly gave up one merc on my first hunt there, but wanted to give it another go, and after about an hour and a half of gridding and not even scoring a wheat, I was getting a bit frustrated (more cause it was cold and windy :frozen:). I broke out of the grid and did a bit of wandering, and still wasn't finding much, but eventually hit a merc :happydance01: about 2 hours into the hunt. Decided to set up a grid in this zone, and did a bit better, hitting 2 more mercs, happydance02 happydance02, but then another 2 hours of nothing went by, and the cold was wearing at me, so I decided to call it a day at that site.

The way home passes by another site I've had my eyes on for a while, and I had a little daylight left, so I decided to do some soundings there, and hit a few wheats and a rosie in just 45 minutes. :happydance01: The site had promise.

Had a little time to get back there today, and hit the bent merc in the first 10 minutes of swinging <: (not only is it bent, I nailed it with my digger as well. I haven't done that in quite some time. I guess if you are going to nail one, this is the one). After yesterday and today, I was thinking this could be a dream site, but it was not to be. The 2 silvers seemed to be a bit of a fluke, as the site gave up very little other than a few corroded wheats the rest of the afternoon.

Thanks for looking and HH everyone.

aloldstuff
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Nice hunting Randy. I see your total is 495 only 5 to go. Nicking the bent merc is funny. Congrats

DennisH
12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Super coins. Gota love December hunts.