PDA

View Full Version : 2 coins - with the last 2 days of hunting.

serega
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi friends.
I want to show you these two coins.
I dig them in the last 2 days.
I mainly hunt for ancient coins. I find few coins. But they are very old and hard to find.
In the photo a large coin. Rome - nomial Folis 330 - 350 year our era. Imperator Constantine. Coin copper to 3 grams.
A small coin. Greece (Northern Black Sea Coast) 450 - 480 per year (BC) is almost 2500 years. Silver - Weight 0.3 grams.
On the coin image 2 head (coup) Evil head and good head. The second side is an eagle and a fish (coat of arms the ancient city of Istria) Above the inscription east (top to reduce the city name) on the Greek letters.
I hope you like it. Unfortunately, now cold and hard to hunt. I dig these coins were often in the water and marsh. Coins are scarce. :->

Tony Two-Cent
12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your fascinating ancient coins with us! That is an entirely different world to those of us here in the states! We can only dream of finding coins that old.

Those both look pretty decent for being in the ground for centuries.

serega
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank you friend. Yes you are right. another World |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) :poke: :behave:
Sometimes I dig, where they lived (those Greeks) dig and I see a lot of broken Greek dishes. I Imagine - how they lived, and often I want to go back in time time)))), 2,500 years ago

Ill Digger
12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow Serge!! :shocked04: Those are some old coins!! :drool:
I like the little silver coin with the eagle and fish! :yes: thumbsup01 :cool:
I'm just speechless :drool: :drool: Those are literally ancient finds!
Wow! Thanks for sharin' :clapping:
Congrats ! :grin:

serega
12-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes. These coins are nice. That's how I find them to start autumn 2011.
For 10 coins. This is good. They are extremely hard to find. They are small and in the marsh or water.
:perfect10:

mike l
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM
When I find a coin from the 1700's I am beside myself. I can't imagine digging a coin that old. Awesome :shocked03:

CODY
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
:omg: :wow: That is awesome. :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Great finds and photographs Serge . Thanks for posting them and I will look forward to seeing your future finds . Welcome to The American Detectorist forum . :perfect10: |:cheering: :cool:

:groovy:

serega
12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Thank you friend for your attention.
Now I'm back from the hunt.
I'll cook dinner, and a new photo report.
Soon I will show you pictures from the hunt. Wait not for long :->