PDA

View Full Version : UGH bittersweet

Islandhunter
10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Crappy day and couldn;t paint so I grabbed my M6 and headed to an old foundation that is immersed in bittersweet. I was determined I was gonna cover this area and spent about 2 hours on my hands and knees with the shaft to my M6 shortened up as small as it would go and detangling my headphone cord. I only was able to cover a small area and the rest was just too thick to even move around in never mind trying to swing. I did manage to find a spoon, an old butter knife, part of a jack knife, a thimble and guess I'll also join the latest token find bandwagon....a Banque du Peuple Un Sou Montreal Agriculture & Commerce Canada token...I think they were made in the 1830's.

OkieDigger
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Still, you managed to find some nice stuff! Do you have a small coil?

Islandhunter
10-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Still, you managed to find some nice stuff! Do you have a small coil?

No I don;t..am using the stock coil...a small coil is on my wish list and hope to ahve one some day, but for the moment there are other priorities... crying01

OkieDigger
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I hear ya. I really liked using the 4.5x7 Excelerator coil on my M6. I use it on the MXT now. I found a lot of silver pieces at a super trashy demolition site a little over a year ago.

MNDigger
10-28-2009, 12:05 PM
You came away with some nice relics and a neat token! You will have to hit that place hard when you get a smaller coil.

coinnut
10-28-2009, 04:26 PM
That's a pretty good day considering the hunting conditions! i feel for ya man, I hunt those type of sites once a week. Sometimes I dream of a nice plowed field or of unobstructed green park grass :grin: But that's where all the good stuff hides, where no one wants to go. Worth going back, even before you get a small coil.

Krom
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Tokens & thimbles are such great digs!
WTG, Bill! thumbsup01

Islandhunter
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
That's a pretty good day considering the hunting conditions! i feel for ya man, I hunt those type of sites once a week. Sometimes I dream of a nice plowed field or of unobstructed green park grass :grin: But that's where all the good stuff hides, where no one wants to go. Worth going back, even before you get a small coil.

I agree...it was thick and hard going but I will go back,,,am a gluttant for punishment but as you said, no one else was foolish enough to go in there so the chances of it being virgin ground are very good. This is in an area that I ahve punded hard before...there is an old steamboat landing near by as well as another old foundation and old wells. I ahve found some spanish silver there as well as a bunch of LC's other Canadian bank tokens and some real sweet buttons and jewelry, so the site has yielded some nice finds and the potential for more is good, especially in the out of way places like today. Besides...as an added bonus, deer season opens Saturday and the thick stuff is where the deer are so I was alos scouting how heavily they were using that area and what routes they are using to go and leave the area as well as looking for scrapes and rubs.