PDA

View Full Version : What did I use

Civil War Nut
12-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Hidy to all . Ant been on here as both my M.D.s have gone to see the Doc. Might be back on the 22 , I hope . Anyway the little old sweet Lady that has been helping me with land to hunt on in Trenton told me how to clean my old coins the other day . After what she told me , I said to my self , (NO WAY) . Goes to show you we need to lesson to the older ones that have been there and done that . I just couldnt beleave it . Then , but I do now . This is an 0ld pool token I found the other day with one of my other MDs. I cant find out anything about it yet , so any help would be good . I rubbed on this thing with SOS pads for I dont know how long . Then I tryed what she told me with plane old water and something alot of the old folks use every day . It is cheap and you can get it at just about any store there is . I also got out some of my old coins and tryed it on them that were so black I didnt know they had a date on them . Just to make it a little better I will leave it as it is and see if anyone can guess what I put in the water to clean these coins and token . And I didnt even have to rub on them .

pulltabsteve
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
alka seltzer or denture cleaning tablet :grin:

Civil War Nut
12-20-2011, 10:42 PM
alka seltzer or denture cleaning tablet :grin:
Hidy PT. You just ant no fun at all , you just busted my Bubble . Yep and I couldnt beleave it , Polident ,. I have been takeing some of my Civil War coins out of the cases and cleaning them with it . Now I can see what I have got . O-by the way I got the Triple mint freshness kind too , so they would smell good too . HA. Good luck in all .

Mudder
12-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Just goes to show that we do need to listen to our elders. They do know what they are talking about, at least some of the time. :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:

RobW
01-03-2012, 10:44 AM
O-by the way I got the Triple mint freshness kind too , so they would smell good too . HA. Good luck in all .

rofl...That's funny right der'... lol