PDA

View Full Version : ytd silver #500, liberty cap LC, dime trifecta

randy
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Yesterday I scored my second liberty cap large cent (its quite abused, but better than my first), as well as my first dime trifecta. I expected some coppers out of this site I'd been working the past couple of weeks, and finally got some, on my final hunt there. Sadly, the second one is unidentifiable.

(The buff I got was actually one of the sweetest coins, even tho it is so abused, as it was a big morale booster. This site has lots and lots of dead, and I had gone 45 minutes without a single coin of any kind, and was getting near the edge, and the buff told me there were more old coins in that direction, and so I kept at it and got 2 of the silvers soon after).

Yesterday's hunt put me at silver #499 for the year, and I got out early this morning to a different site to try to knock out #500. I was a little worried about this site, as I don't have much time at it, but not 10 minutes into the hunt I had a merc at six inches <: <: <: for #500. Also scored 2 more silver dimes before having to get back to work.

HH everyone, and have a nice Christmas.

serega
12-20-2011, 12:06 PM
silver silver !!! :perfect10: :cheering:

Viking
12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow, 500 silvers. :perfect10: Something tells me that 400 of them were tough signals too, which makes this feat even more impressive. Congratulations Randy! |:confused:) I can't even fathom that amount of success, but it didn't happen by accident. Here's to finding 600 in 2012! :beerbuddy:

del
12-20-2011, 02:01 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:[size=1:crazy:t]500 silver coins :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

what an accomplishment Randy |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) , my sincerest congrats sir :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
i also love the liberty cap :smitten: :smitten:

aloldstuff
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Absolutley fantastic.....what a mile stone you have reached. :perfect10: |:cheering: |:confused:)

JTGOLD
12-20-2011, 04:54 PM
500 silvers,thats a good goal to beat next year,,wtg and good hunting.

Bell-Two
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Any chance of getting a date off the Liberty Cap? Nice work Randy that is a stellar season you had.

randy
12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Any chance of getting a date off the Liberty Cap? Nice work Randy that is a stellar season you had.

No hope on the Liberty Cap.

For next year, my goal is just one, a bust silver. I don't expect to even come close to this year in terms of bulk silvers.

Ytcoinshooter
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow! What an accomplishment 500 silver for ytd! The cap and pole cent is a great find even if it's corroded. The thing is every old coin pulled from the ground is not going to be replaced by the same. I used to set a goal of 100 silver, even got 100 silver (1/3 Barber) from one site, a great old resort... But 500!
Congrats!!!

jkress
12-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Incredible Randy. |:confused:) An amazing accomplishment. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I can't imagine seeing that many shiny ones in a year. :drool:

You had some remarkable and very memorable hunts. I enjoyed following your journey here
on American Detectorist. Plus, I am thankful for all the tips and observations you shared along the way.

Congratulations on 500. :beerbuddy:

li tom
12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Amazing numbers of silver coins,what a season you had.That Liberty Cap has some great detail on parts of the obverse.

Ill Digger
12-20-2011, 08:14 PM
:shocked04: Wow! 500 silvers in one season! Thats unreal!! |:confused:)
like Joe said. I can't even imagine seeing that many silvers come outta the ground!! :shocked01: :envious:
Big congrats on reaching the half a grand mark Randy! :grin: :cheering:
[size=36pt][color=red]CONGRATS---CONGRATS---CONGRATS----CONGRATS

Tony Two-Cent
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Huge congratulations to you, Randy, on reaching that amazing milestone!

|:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

500 silvers in one year is beyond amazing! :wow:

I love that Liberty Cap large cent too! What a super old coin, it has character.

Thanks for being such a great inspiration and exemplary member of American Detectorist!

CODY
12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
500 Silvers, |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) YOU THE MAN!!!!!! Congrats :perfect10: Keep going dude! |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
⚡⚡⚡500⚡⚡⚡ that is amazing congrats on a a couple of great hunts and awesome season.