PDA

View Full Version : Huntin in Michigan

starman2
12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Went out again today. To a school my brother said he went to. He's 68. Found $4.91 in clad. And one more 1947 Rosie. Grand total silver for my 2 days hunt. 2 Rosies. You other guys, are putting me to shame. With all this silver you're finding. I must be doin something wrong. Does anybody have any info on some real old locations in Mich. You guys must have some ancient areas to hunt. I guess I have to do some more studying on Michigan. Good hunt you guys!!

JTGOLD
12-20-2011, 04:49 PM
2 silvers are better than none,nice count on clad too.

aloldstuff
12-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Anytime I get silver, that's a good hunt. Sorry to say that I have only gotten multiple silvers on a couple of hunts. Congrats on your silvers

RaZR
12-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Check out the parks and recreation site for Waterford. Get the addresses of parks around you and see if the P+R folks can tell you how old the parks are. Or ask older people who live near the parks. Some counties have local history groups that
may have maps from a hundred or more years ago that show the old parks. Or you can look up old maps of Waterford on line. Good luck!

(but don't expect me to tell you the ones i know about near me) lol

pulltabsteve
12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Congrats on the silver Roger thumbsup01

milco
12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey, nice finds! I am heading to East Lansing for Christmas, is the ground still soft there?