PDA

View Full Version : 28 silver day....

Jason in Enid
02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Ok, now I know that got your attention! :grin:

But it's no joke. I just wish I could have found them with my detector.

My wife made me go to the store for something late last night, and I'm glad she did!
The man in front of me was trying to pay with silver!!! The cashier didn't want to take it, so I bought his bag of coins off him!! Small lot, but I got 2 standing liberty (no dates), 12 washingtons, 9 mercs, and 5 rosies. Allong with a few moderns, and 2 '43 steel pennies.

Got them for a lot less than cull value!

coinnut
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Aren't you glad that some people just won't accept silver lol With all the counterfeiting going on today, I guess some people just aren't going to take any chances accepting something that isn't current. the cashier was probably just trying to keep their job. I bet if the cashier's boss found out he or she would be fired rofl Right place, right time for you thumbsup01

angellionel
02-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Man, Jason! You are going to give those of us who are locked in by the snow a heart attack! lol lol

What an opportunity! You sure came ahead on that deal. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Niice!
I would've done the same thing!
Congrats :grin:

del
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
being at the right place at the right time is everything , congrats .

i think your wife deserves half for her woman's intuition :yes: ;)

Epi-hunter
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Can someone explain to me why a person with a bagful of silver would be trying to trade it in for clad? :confused:

Anyway.... great day Jason! :shocked04: That is incredible. Did you ask him if he had any more at home that he might be wanting to get rid of? Maybe he has some pesky gold coins sitting around too? :shocked04:stretcher:

John M
02-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Times are tough right now and some people just don't care about what it is,a dime is a dime.

tanacat
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Can someone explain to me why a person with a bagful of silver would be trying to trade it in for clad? :confused:

Times are tough right now and some people just don't care about what it is,a dime is a dime.

Yeah, it is sad how hard some people have it now crying01 so was it for booze, cigarettes or baby food:huh: I'll be more sympathetic for the latter :huh:

How odd that YOU happened to be behind this guy! Lucky day for both of you...

tanacat
02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
i think your wife deserves half for her woman's intuition :yes: ;)

lol that's good

Jason in Enid
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, it is sad how hard some people have it now crying01 so was it for booze, cigarettes or baby food:huh: I'll be more sympathetic for the latter :huh:

How odd that YOU happened to be behind this guy! Lucky day for both of you...

Junk food.

It wasn't that he was was using his coin collection out of need. HE had those silvers and just didnt care that they might be worth more than face value.

toehead
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Makes ya wonder how he got them??

Jason in Enid
02-19-2010, 09:33 PM
If you are wondering if they were stolen, I thought about that too. I seriously doubt it though. No key or semi key dates, and
none except the '64s had very much detail. These are basically cull coins, but I paid a lot less.

RickO
02-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Great ... being in the right place at the right time is cool... does not happen often enough. RickO

leslie(nova scotia)
02-22-2010, 04:56 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....man that sure is the easy way to find silver. Lucky man!

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
wow! perfect timing! way to go man! thumbsup01