PDA

View Full Version : 6 COPPER DAY! WHAT A GORGEOUS DAY OUT!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Got out with Gary (foundationhunter) to some sites we haven't been to yet.
1st couple were really quiet one small flat button from each site.onto the next...that was pretty quiet for the most part but after fanning away from the hole 100 yards into the woods i nabbed a shoe buckle frame,then a nice 2 piece floral button coe backmark,next signal was a mutilated holed 1842 braided hair LC,then 10 feet from that i dug a matron head 1816.
we decided to walk up the trail stone walls on both sides and we see a open field with walls all around it.we could see a slight depression in the front of the field .we searched that area and quite a few targets surfaced I think we found a homesite plowed over !!!!! :drool:
4 more coppers for me.2 toasted matron heads no dates,a possible draped bust LC and a worn smooth copper. last target was a pewter cast buton with a fleur di fleury can never pronounce that nevermind spell it 8/
Gary got a nice KG II,a few buttons & a knee buckle.
was a great hunt,weather was nice,no ticks and I broke 70 coppers on the year with 74 3/4's! happydance02

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
more pics

Ill Digger
12-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Thats how you make a beautiful day even more beautiful! :yes: :clapping:
Wow man! 6 coppers in one day! :shocked04: :envious: Thats just nuts! :shocked01:
Awesome huntin' Dave!
Congrats!! :grin:
Do you think they could've gotten that hole any bigger in that LC. :rolleyes: 8/ >:# lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Thats how you make a beautiful day even more beautiful! :yes: :clapping:
Wow man! 6 coppers in one day! :shocked04: :envious: Thats just nuts! :shocked01:
Awesome huntin' Dave!
Congrats!! :grin:
Do you think they could've gotten that hole any bigger in that LC. :rolleyes: 8/ >:# lol

thanks! you should see the other side of the holed LC all mushroomed over..scary :shocked03:

del
12-22-2011, 08:15 PM
very sweet day in december Dave :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:, not only will you get the copper crown title this year but you'll be recieving the largest hole seen in a large cent Award as well lol lol man what were they doing to that poor matron head :dontknow: . glad you a Gary got out in the beautiful and very un-seasonal like weather we've been having .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
12-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Now THAT was an awesome hunt! WOW! In one day you found more coppers than I've found in my entire life! lol

And I think the holed LC has character! ;)

Fantastic pile of coins and relics, Dave! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2011, 08:21 PM
very sweet day in december Dave :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:, not only will you get the copper crown title this year but you'll be recieving the largest hole seen in a large cent Award as well lol lol man what were they doing to that poor matron head :dontknow: . glad you a Gary got out in the beautiful and very un-seasonal like weather we've been having .

Dan

lol Dan! even the other matron head they were hammerin on the edges it seems.weird i tell ya :crazy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Now THAT was an awesome hunt! WOW! In one day you found more coppers than I've found in my entire life! lol

And I think the holed LC has character! ;)

Fantastic pile of coins and relics, Dave! :clapping:

thanks Tony! they are out there! keep at it! thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
What a terrific hunt, excellent finds and pics!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cool: :cool: :beerbuddy:

pulltabsteve
12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
The weather was awesome for the end of December! Great looking sites you hunt. Congrats on 74 3/4 coppers :clapping:

serega
12-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Superb :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:! You made ​​a good record high - hunting.

Washington has a good history of discovery. :perfect10:

two_bit_digger
12-23-2011, 12:02 PM
WOW!!! what a good day. congrats on those sweet finds

OxShoeDrew
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
You are keeping the pedal to themetal to the last day of the year. I wonder if it is possible to have a better copper year in 2012. Here's to trying.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
cleaned up one of the coins a little bit more to reveal it's a draped bust LC
and here's a pic of the obverse of the braided hair...ugly huh :-\

serega
12-23-2011, 05:47 PM
cleaned up one of the coins a little bit more to reveal it's a draped bust LC
and here's a pic of the obverse of the braided hair...ugly huh :-\

friend ;)
You should not grieve. :yes:
This is normally when we dig a coin - a bad look. :dontknow:
Look - I'm digging it, often. This antique coins ... 3 to 5 century BC. The city antice of Tyre and Olbia. It was a coin - and now it is garbage. rofl
Do not worry. You will find a super coin. thumbsup01

tanacat
12-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Wow that makes (almost) lol 74 coppers this year Dave! You rock! :peace: They are kinda toasty but at least you know what they are.

Love the 2 piece floral button- is that the bold intricate one or is that the fleur di fleury pewter one you're talking about? Congrats to Gary on the KG too :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow that makes (almost) lol 74 coppers this year Dave! You rock! :peace: They are kinda toasty but at least you know what they are.

Love the 2 piece floral button- is that the bold intricate one or is that the fleur di fleury pewter one you're talking about? Congrats to Gary on the KG too :)

thanks Tana! umm i'm a little confused about your button question :thinkingabout:

jkress
12-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Sweet day HMN. <: :peace:

I started :drool: when you described the...

I think we found a homesite plowed over !!!!! :drool:

Can't even imagine how exciting that would be. :) I hope your return hunts produce some incredible finds.

Six large coppers in a day... :daydream: You skills for finding them are top notch. |:confused:) I'd trade silver for coppers every day of the week. :yes:

Congrats.