PDA

View Full Version : My Old Coins of 2011

milco
12-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't think the season is quite over yet. I still should get out in the woods a few more times since we have no snow, but here are my old coin finds of this year. Didn't do as well as I wanted to this year, but I am happy to find two firsts this year, being the 1936 WLH and the 1867 Shield Nickel.

POKIE73
12-24-2011, 09:46 AM
always time for one more hunt maybe you can add to your collection like that sheild nickel thats a nice find good luck dennis

Tony Two-Cent
12-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Great bunch of finds there, Milco! The shield nickel is a rare find and yours looks to be in decent shape.

You did exceptionally well with Indian Heads too, you have a proportionally high number of them. You must tell me your secret! :yes:

Congrats on the successful year and I hope that you are able to add to your totals before the end of the year! thumbsup01

del
12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
don't feel bad you did very well Milco :yes: :yes: like you i didn't get a whole lot this year , i'd take quality over quantity any year . i remember you getting the shield nickle this year it is a real beauty of a find and a super hard coin to recover . heres to you getting out a few more times to add to them .

Dan

serega
12-24-2011, 12:08 PM
:shocked03: :wow: Soooooooo MENY lIBERTY :drool:
:clapping:

randy
12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Those are some very fine old coins :clapping: :cheering: and that is a very nice shield nickel. :smitten: Congrats.

aloldstuff
12-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Milco, congrats on all your old coins and for recovering them from the dirt. Nice pile of IH's and the shield nickel is a great find. Have you made your wish list for 2012:huh:thinkingabout:

russellt
12-25-2011, 10:40 AM
and your dissapointed with that pile of beauty:huh:thinkingabout: i think its awesome . i found 2 silver coins this year and 3 indians . i would take your finds anyday

milco
12-26-2011, 05:14 PM
You did exceptionally well with Indian Heads too, you have a proportionally high number of them. You must tell me your secret!
Congrats on the successful year and I hope that you are able to add to your totals before the end of the year! thumbsup01

Thanks Tony! The hi proportion of IH's has to do with the amount of construction sites and sidewalk tearouts I hit this year. All but one IH was from those sites. A hunting buddy of mine found 25+ IH's this year from these same sites after I turned him on to them, and I think he found 20 silvers.

milco
12-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Have you made your wish list for 2012:huh:thinkingabout:

I only have one goal for next season, that is to help my uncle find a large cent, which he has never found in seven years of detecting. He got me started, so I am going to try and help him find one of those.

Mudder
12-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Dennis that is way more silver than I found this year, but I know how you feel. You always think that you can do better. We can always get an early start on next year, and you can still add to this one. Congratualtions. :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Beautiful oldies for the year D. :clapping: :happydance01:

You've had some great success this year. You certainly have a knack for finding opportunities when they come up. |:confused:)

Bummer we didn't put together a hunt this year... but next year will be a whole different story. :yes: :->

Congrats on 2011! <:

Ill Digger
12-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Nothin' to be ashamed of there Darren! \:hammer:
Thats a pretty impressive display of keepers! :drool: thumbsup01
Especially the shield! That's a toughy! :yes: :clapping:
Congrats!...........and here's to an even better year next season :beerbuddy:

I only have one goal for next season, that is to help my uncle find a large cent, which he has never found in seven years of detecting. He got me started, so I am going to try and help him find one of those.
Thats nice of you! It's always good to pay it back'! thumbsup01