PDA

View Full Version : What to do when it's too cold

Dick Stout
12-24-2011, 01:21 PM
One thing I do every year when it get's too cold or difficult to hunt.....I read my detector's manual, and I do it slowly. And you know what? I always learn something new, or realize things weren't as I had thought. Just an idea.... Have one for me.

del
12-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Dick , the only thing that holds me back from detecting is the snow , when its 5 inches or more i'll hang up the detector and start researching the years finds i made and new sites for the springtime . i just hate :hairpulling: not being able to get out when i want to ...

Dan

Dick Stout
12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
There was a time when I was the same way.... At 70 I have slowed down quite a bit. Hate to admit it, but the aches and pains have a way of changing your thinking.

del
12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Dick , i can only hope to accomplish half of the things you've done in and for the hobby. |:confused:)

Dan

milco
12-24-2011, 04:51 PM
That's a good idea, I usually do research when I'm done, but I won't be done until the ground is frozen solid and/or there is too much snow.

aloldstuff
12-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I am planning of reading the Book of Jack (very slowly) over the winter months. I also have some items that I would like to try to clean up. But for right now, no snow so still detecting

Dimeman
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
There was a time when I was the same way.... At 70 I have slowed down quite a bit. Hate to admit it, but the aches and pains have a way of changing your thinking.

Those youngsters will learn --soon enough........ lol lol lol