PDA

View Full Version : All these 50 cent signals finally pay off!

Hook
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Well its been a while since i had anything to post about, but i had to share my excitement! I hit an old property friday morning and dug only deep signals, and came up with just a few clad and some tokens.
After digging 6 half dollar signals and finding 5 mardi gras type tokens and one cylinder for a small capgun, i left and headed home.
I swung by a 1910 built house to see if the grass had been cut...nope. >:#
Across the street is the backside of an old property with a house dating from the late 1800's, with a parking lot on the back side of the restaurant it had been turned into . The building is vacant now so i hit a fairy wide sidewalk strip next to the road. After digging some junk and a few clad, i get another 50 cent signal. I cut a plug and had a large root in the bottom of the hole, anout 4 inches deep.
The pinpointer shows it on the side of the hole under the root, so i reach in there and knocked a chunk of dirt from the sidewall. I see a silver something there, and reach in and rub it with my finger a little. What is that...an eagle wing? Hmmmmm...its not the back of a walker...and too small to be a dollar...,,,,,naaaa no way its a barber...or is it? I pull it out and <: <: its a BARBER half!!! I was breakdancing on the side of the road lol.
My first barber coin and it might be a little worn..ok its a LOT worn lol...but i love it!! thanks for looking and HH!

randy
12-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice find :clapping: Those barber halves are few and far between, glad you got one :happydance01:. Congrats. thumbsup01 (and nice to see the silver still flying out of the ground this time of year).

del
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
:wow: :drool: :drool: :loveit: :smitten: thats a sweet find alright , well if your going to find your first barber it might as well be the biggest one they make lol lol hey huge congrats on your first :cheering: :clapping: :cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

CyberSage
12-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Fantastic find Hook! Congratulations on a great hunt. Thank you for sharing your hunt with us.

Jack

Merc
12-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Great job on your first Barber. I got my first Barber half this year to, i know the exact dance you did :happydance01:

russellt
12-24-2011, 10:25 PM
:wow: talk about something to post about . that would be it /... wow. very nice . i dont mind telling you im jelous. i would trade every one of my century hunt today for that bad boy . and you got some awesome tokens to . what a great hunt..... :peace:

Hook
12-24-2011, 10:33 PM
:wow: talk about something to post about . that would be it /... wow. very nice . i dont mind telling you im jelous. i would trade every one of my century hunt today for that bad boy . and you got some awesome tokens to . what a great hunt..... :peace:

thanks russellt...i was really excited to pop that bad boy into daylight :shocked04:. Those tokens around here are almost as pesky as pulltabs. if you want a few, PM me with your info and i'll send you a christmas gift |:cheering:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone..i appreciate it! Merry Christmas to all!

Tony Two-Cent
12-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Wow, terrific Barber Half! :drool:

That's an incredible find! What a great coin, I've yet to find one.

Congrats on the fantastic piece of silver! :clapping:

I hope someone got your breakdance on video! lol

fsa46
12-25-2011, 05:46 AM
WTG Hook, thumbsup01 you hit it out of the park on that one. :yes: Nothing like ending the year on a hight note. :clapping: :cheering:

aloldstuff
12-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Hook, WTG on getting that Barber half. Worn or not it is still a great find.

milco
12-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Congrats on the Barber half!! WTG!

OxShoeDrew
12-25-2011, 10:03 AM
It would be funny if people not only made vids of the finds but also of the post-find dance. :cheesysmile:
I've yet to find a barber half this year....the key word is yet. :yes:

serega
12-25-2011, 08:03 PM
:wow:

DennisH
12-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Awsome!!!! happydance02 Those are few and far between!!!!

Mudder
12-26-2011, 09:27 PM
That is one beautiful find, and I know that Barber haves don't grow on trees. I hunted all year long and only found 1 Barber dime. Congrats on a wonderful find. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hook
12-26-2011, 09:29 PM
thanks for all the nice comments everyone! HH!