PDA

View Full Version : General Holiday Greeting/ Coin News

Sal66
12-26-2011, 06:33 AM
:) First of all I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year despite the December 23rd Prediction for the end of the world. Heck, we will just bring our detectors with us. LOL
Also I want to share an article I found in my local Newspaper. In New Orleans, a rare 1787 Gold Coin sold for $7.4M. It's called a Brasher doubloon. One of the highest prices ever paid for a gold coin. It was purchased by a Wall Street investment firm (Jerks ! ) LOL.
Minted by Ephraim Brasher who was a Goldsmith and lived next to George Washington ( Nice, HuH?). The coin is considered the 1st American-made gold coin denominated in dollars. Do a search for a picture if you haven't already. It looks like a GW Button with an Eagle in the center and a nice design around the rim. My article is in B/W so I'm not sure of the wording yet.
Lastly, I wish everyone a great 2012 season and I wish my health allows me to do some Metal Detecting for 2012 as Lyme Disease persists to prevent me to do so like I did 5 yrs ago. I did however find some nice error coins right from my own stash of pocket change. Everyone have a fun and safe 2012 and I will look forward to all of your posts and hopefully have some for you all. :yes: