PDA

View Full Version : paint shaker

jasonc
12-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I see everyone using a tumbler. In my opinion it takes way to long. I purchased a cheap paint shaker from harbor frieght that fits a one gallon paint can. Put coins in paint can with walnut shell beads use for sand blasting. About half full of walnut shells. Clamp the can in the shaker and let it shake away. Awesome results in a fraction of the time.......

Ill Digger
12-26-2011, 02:55 PM
:huh: Thats a different idea! :yes: thumbsup01
Sounds like it would work alright. :thinkingabout:
How long do you have to let a batch of coins shake lol for?
I'd like to see some pictures before and after. :->
Because I asked for a new tumbler for Christmas. I haven't received it yet :dontknow: but I can change my order. :yes: lol
Maybe I'll go with a shaker instead :dontknow:

del
12-26-2011, 03:03 PM
yes Jason it sounds like a pretty innovative way to do it , i would also like to see some before and after pictures . i've always been a shaken not stirred kinda guy :eyebrow: lol lol

jasonc
12-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I will post some pics tomorrow. I will do a new batch to let you see the results. Ive had great results in jus 10 to 15 minutes

Mudder
12-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a great idea, and the time that it takes is fantastic. |:cheering: |:cheering:

skrapman
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
If the shaking moves the material around enough then I would think it would do a great job on larger relics. great idea :clapping: