PDA

View Full Version : No coins were harmed

OxShoeDrew
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Snapolson came up for a northern CT cellar hole hunt with Merc and I yesterday on a day that felt more like October. I think we started out at 45 degrees! The ground was saturated and ready for us to extract treasures. :daydream:
Alas, it was not to be....at least not in the coin department. The first hole was a beauty with swingable fields and barn holes....and an old road leading up hill..to another colonial hole...that isn't on a map!! :drool:Well...thats what I hope anyway. :-\ We'll scout it out next time.

My take was 4 buttons, parasol part, shoe plate(?), ornate suspender part, and garter part(?). One of the buttons I found on the lip has a very progressive (for colonial times) flower on it.

Merc got a couple of cool buttons and Snapolson did some bottle hunting. I think he walked away with a bunch. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

...and we'll have to hunt together again soon as Snapolson left his shovel in Merc's truck..as I've been known to do (right Del?)

serega
12-29-2011, 10:49 AM
to extract treasures - :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
|:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Nice hunt! hope to meet ya soon! :yes:

Snapolson
12-29-2011, 08:38 PM
...and we'll have to hunt together again soon as Snapolson left his shovel in Merc's truck..as I've been known to do (right Del?)

lol Yes, I the forgetful one, left my shovel behind. Hope we can hunt again soon so I can retrieve it! Thanks for the hunt. It was great! BTW, my video is posted now. Enjoy!

del
12-29-2011, 09:04 PM

i had that thing for months in the back of my jeep :grin: by the way you owe me a storage fee of $624.38 as of today rofl lol after today you owe Brandon (its in his truck now) :teasing:

hey nice assortment of relics Drew :cheering: :cheering:

OxShoeDrew
12-30-2011, 12:54 PM
i had that thing for months in the back of my jeep :grin: by the way you owe me a storage fee of $624.38 as of today rofl lol after today you owe Brandon (its in his truck now) :teasing:

hey nice assortment of relics Drew :cheering: :cheering:

I got my baby back...now I have $12 worth of Price Chopper shovels lol
See ya tomorrow.

new jersey andy
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Sweet finds Drew!!!