PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES HUNT with FORUM MEMBERS*3 COPPERS

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Me & Forino drove down & hooked up with Merc,Coinnut,Del & K-Ray?
we focused on 2 cellar holes. I dug 2 dandy buttons one is gorgeous and still has string attached to the shank.one was laying on iron and is wiped out.next i got back to back coppers. a KGII countefiet i believe as it rang solid 58 VDI.2 feet away out popped a 1822 Matron head LC.
We moved onto the next site and 1st target was a crown with clear glass stone.I dont know if this was the top of a ring? or some type of pin on jewelery a flat button,a lead shot solid 54 VDI on the musketball. and last target was a 1724 King George I. I broke 80 coppers today with these three coins. 80 3/4's
was a great day and always a pleasure to hook up with Dan & George and real nice to finally meet Merc and Ray from Virginia.
from left to right is Brandon(Merc),me behind him,Dan(Del) Mike (Forino) George(Coinnut) hey! where is Ray? :dontknow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 06:30 PM
more pics

del
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
hey Dave , great hat trick with the coppers today and the dandy button is a real looker :smitten: congrats buddy it was alot of fun gettin all together ,seeing Mikey and meeting Brandon and Ray for the first time . hope you guys come up saturday to do it again , you've been on fire with the coppers lately but then again you did sell your soul to the devil lol lol :poke: :teasing: congrats again Dave .

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
hey Dave , great hat trick with the coppers today and the dandy button is a real looker :smitten: congrats buddy it was alot of fun gettin all together ,seeing Mikey and meeting Brandon and Ray for the first time . hope you guys come up saturday to do it again , you've been on fire with the coppers lately but then again you did sell your soul to the devil lol lol :poke: :teasing: congrats again Dave .

Dan

I'd never sell my soul to that creep.I'm tellin ya it's my colonial Saint Anthony medal that's bringin me the luck :teasing:
was an awesome day with you guys & yeah we are coming Sat if the invite is still open :rolleyes:

del
12-29-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm tellin ya it's my colonial Saint Anthony medal that's bringin me the luck :teasing:

what ya do walk around with it your pocket on every hunt :eyebrow:

was an awesome day with you guys & yeah we are coming Sat if the invite is still open :rolleyes:

of course the invite is still open , but you pull 3 more coppers saturday and you may not be comming home :bop: :stretcher: lol lol poor Mikey had to endure that long drive copperless , while you caressed those coins and reminded him who's the man all the way home rofl rofl :tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 07:13 PM
what ya do walk around with it your pocket on every hunt :eyebrow:

of course the invite is still open , but you pull 3 more coppers saturday and you may not be comming home :bop: :stretcher: lol lol poor Mikey had to endure that long drive copperless , while you caressed those coins and reminded him who's the man all the way home rofl rofl :tongue:

yeah! I carry it in my wallet! :smitten: it's my good luck charm man :embarrassed: don't be pick pocketin me now! >:tongue: hey wheres the group shot ya took? i lost Ray in my pic somehow? :thinkingabout:

del
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
heres another shot with Ray to the far left , me , George , Mike and you Dave , i felt bad for Ray as he was up here from Virginia and didn't get much .

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
heres another shot with Ray to the far left , me , George , Mike and you Dave , i felt bad for Ray as he was up here from Virginia and didn't get much .

thanks Dan! yeah I felt bad too. :-\

OxShoeDrew
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow...you guys look like a gang of tufts. Like a scene from west side story. Boys boys crazy boys lol if your rival gang was packin heat all your detectors would go off. :yes:
Wish I was there today but had to be elsewhere. Looking forward to Sat! Oh...and your finds are always out of this world. :cheesysmile:

Forino
12-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice looking button Dave. Nice seeing everybody today. Especially Dan and George. Its bee a long time.

Ill Digger
12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
What a Mötley Crüe that is! :peace: :peace: :peace: lol
Thats cool you guys were able to put together a hunt with members and friends from so far apart!
And Dave.. :huh:..dude! Are you kiddin' me? :shocked04: 3 more Largies? :envious: Wow!
Great post Dave! Love all the pics! thumbsup01
Congrats on the finds! :grin:
And here's to more of the same in 2012! :beerbuddy:

Merc
12-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Was nice to meet the legends of metal detecting. Looking forward to doing it again on Saturday. 80 coppers is amazing. Tonight I'm thinking about selling my soul as well, Dave what's the going rate on souls these days? Lol Just kidding. All you guys are class acts and was an honor to get the chance to hunt with you.

OxShoeDrew
12-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Was nice to meet the legends of metal detecting. Looking forward to doing it again on Saturday. 80 coppers is amazing. Tonight I'm thinking about selling my soul as well, Dave what's the going rate on souls these days? Lol Just kidding. All you guys are class acts and was an honor to get the chance to hunt with you.

Hey...you hunt with a legend every hunt lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey...you hunt with a legend every hunt lol

elbows Drew you tell em! ;) was nice to meet you too Brandon.definitely see ya Sat thumbsup01

fsa46
12-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Hunting a site with that group of heavy hitters give new meaning to , cleaning a site out. lol :poke:

With a group like that, who wouldn't have a good time. |:cheering:

Dave, Congrats on breaking 80 .. a difficult accomplishment for sure. :clapping: |:confused:)

jkress
01-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Wow... the relics and coppers in those woods didn't stand a chance. :clapping:
Great shot of the group, sounds like you guys had a fun time.

Congrats on adding more coppers to your impressive count. |:confused:) You had a heck of a year.
Love the button too. :smitten:

RobW
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Your luck with finds is simply amazing :shocked04:

What a great group hunt! I couldn't imagine driving all the way from Virginia for a hunt though :twirlingeyes: