PDA

View Full Version : Buttons and Bottles

Snapolson
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Did a little cellar hole hunting with Charlives and Merc on Wednesday Dec. 28, 2011. There was very little modern trash here. The others managed a few buttons and some other colonial era items. I didn't find any good items except a square nail. But I was able to salvage a few nice Depression-era bottles that were part of a trash dump inside one of the cellar holes we hunted. Good times and a super hunt!!

MD Hunt 12-28-11 (Buttons and Bottles) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzzyWW5rQI#ws)

del
12-29-2011, 09:00 PM
nice video |:cheering: its good to see Drew again lol lol ( he looks much more like a relic hunter than the last time i seen him :poke: :poke: ;) ) see the well with the chicken wire or cage wire over it that makes it that much more dangerous for next year . how full did you fill Brandon's truck-bed with bottles for the ride home ? lol lol

Dan

OxShoeDrew
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I look fat. \:[ lol
Christopher, you should be in photo journalism lol :poke:
Were you able to date those bottles? Thank you for the video and nice job.

Snapolson
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I look fat. \:[ lol
Christopher, you should be in photo journalism lol :poke:
Were you able to date those bottles? Thank you for the video and nice job.

lol I AM a photojournalist!! I've done video for a long time, but news photography is my bread & butter. Great hunt. Let's do it again soon. :groovy:

Merc
12-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the Video Chris was nice to meet you. Wish we could have found something more interesting. But as the saying goes Sometimes your the hammer, sometimes your the nail Today we were the nail lol. Still had a great time though.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
nice hunt guys! i'm sure those holes have more potential. Merc those buttons are nice colonials. your heavy one looked like a Tombac from what i can tell and charlives's was a nice designed cloak or dandy button.