PDA

View Full Version : going crazy without detecting

Jason in Enid
02-18-2010, 06:09 PM
It has been so long since I did any hunting, I'm going crazy. What makes it worse is that today was such a beautiful day for it!

Sadly, my second job had me swamped all day, and tomorrow is going to be cold and rainy. crying01
My store find of the 28 silvers has only made me want to go hunting more. :bangahead01:

coinnut
02-18-2010, 06:11 PM
We had a good day up here too, about 42 degrees out today and the snow was melting :yes: But no time for detecting either :(

Snowy
02-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Been beautiful around here and all those snowstorms are hitting south of Krom and I.
I've been dying to try a field but Krom is so sensible about the cold nights, etc, that we haven't tried.
I'm gonna try Sunday morning. I'm betting if the truck starts while he's still in bed I can come back inside and he'll be downstairs trying to figure out what's going on through his fuzzy wake-up vision.

CBnKansas
02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I feel your pain. I have yet to hunt this year. Today was awesome weather but I was busy wiring a buddies truck up with an electric brake controller.I'll wave as we go by Enid on our way to Lubbock Sunday. Hope you get a chance to get out and hunt soon. I hope to hunt in Lubbock.

How does a guy who has been laid off since August not have time to hunt? >:\

cb

Snowy
02-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I haven't been laid off, but winters in Maine keep us from the cellar holes.
So, in the witner we hit the ocean beaches in an attempt to keep up on our detecting practices.
Slim pickin's but I love the ocean. It always makes me smile.
And it gives you even more practice on signals because of the tabs, etc...

Epi-hunter
02-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Usually winters in KY provide good detecting weather but this winter I have either been working, or there has been snow on the ground. There has been more snow here than usual, although still very little compared to what I was used to in the Midwest. With 2 or 3 inches of snow here, the entire state shuts down :shocked04: But spring has to be coming soon.

del
02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
well if we get a good mild day today and a little more snow melt we'll be out for the 7th time this year , we've been extremely fortunate here in Connecticut (as a certain Administrator in Kentucky keeps on reminding us lol lol :tongue: ) and Coinnut and I are starting off to one of our better seasons . hang in there .

randy
02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Still got over a foot on the ground here. Got a little melt yesterday, and hopefully more today, but it still seems it will be awhile.

At least when its all done, the ground should be quite wet for a while to amplify those deep targets.

Jason in Enid
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a lot of us aren't able to get out and hunt. The days will come, but wait for them is hard.

Well, time to go earn some more college money for the daughter.

coinnut
02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, time to go earn some more college money for the daughter.

OUCH! Been there, and done that twice lol.... :crying02: :crying02: :crying02:

leslie(nova scotia)
02-22-2010, 04:34 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....butt deep in the white stuff but did sneak in a dig last week on a shoreline. Two months to go till vacation in the Dominican...can't wait. Keep the faith!

CBnKansas
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
FOUL!
I know I checked on the weather in Lubbock last week and it was supposed to be nice. Now we are here and it is supposed to snow tonight! Oh well can't last forever....................can it?

cb