PDA

View Full Version : Buttons and Bottles (Cellar Hole Hunt)

Snapolson
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Did a little cellar hole hunting with Charlives and Merc from the Friendly Forum on Wednesday Dec. 28, 2011. There was very little modern trash here. The others managed a few buttons and some other colonial era items. I didn't find any good items except a square nail. But I was able to salvage a few nice Depression-era bottles that were part of a trash dump inside one of the cellar holes we hunted. Good times and a super hunt!!

MD Hunt 12-28-11 (Buttons and Bottles) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzzyWW5rQI#ws)

jkress
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Wow... I had no idea there was so much area involved with cellar hole hunting. Looked like whole neighborhoods. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Awesome video Christian. I always figured cellar holes were single small areas.

Do you know when the houses in the area you were hunting were built? When were they last inhabited?

A guy could set up a tent there and hunt all week. You folks are very fortunate to have such dreamy spots to hunt. :yes:

Congrats on a couple more bottles for your collection.

Ytcoinshooter
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks I enjoyed the video. Hmmm...you guys appear to be in CT...mentioned Newtown. Blaze orange is the color of the day! What's great is after watching it's like having already met! I wish I had the time to comment on every post of good finds on this forum, this week the finds are impressive. The videos always catch my attention.
HH!