PDA

View Full Version : Whites giving away second detector.....

Snowy
02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I heard from a very reliable source that White's will be offering a free Prizm III with the purchase of their Spectra V3 for the spring promotion. It hasn't been announced to the public yet but will be soon.

Epi-hunter
02-18-2010, 11:36 PM
That's a nice deal. :yes: I wonder if Minelab will do something similar.

ramases
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM
I wonder if Whites UK will ................ actually no, they won't!! crying01

coinnut
02-19-2010, 07:09 PM

I've seen some of the prices you pay out there ....Yikes!!! Wonder if you can buy it here and ship it, or would shipping eat up the cost of the free PrismIII?

ramases
02-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I've seen some of the prices you pay out there ....Yikes!!! Wonder if you can buy it here and ship it, or would shipping eat up the cost of the free PrismIII?

Hiyer ... it's an option, but by the time the Customs people have added Duty, VAT, handling charges etc it pretty much takes away the advantage! TBH I was just having a dig at Whites in the UK as we never get the little treats you get over in the States (Santa Specials/vouchers etc) !!!! I got my V3 last July (Ex-demo, unregistered and 1 hours use) for £950 (about $1375) so it was a pretty good deal at the time. We pay a lot for our detectors over here and that's why a lot of folks wait a bit and pick them up nearly-new when the early adopters lose interest and sell them on! There's one on UK Ebay for £725 right now...........
Cheers.
Colin.

Fishnmaine
02-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Snowy, It's already advertised on their website........Wish that offer was there when I bought mine.

Snowy
02-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Snowy, It's already advertised on their website........Wish that offer was there when I bought mine.

Nice! That didn't take long, did it!

I thought of that as soon as I heard it.... those who already purchased the V3 are missing out and might be disappointed.

delta196
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Regton (UK) have been giving away a free Bounty Hunter with the v3, only if you pay RRP for the v3 though. Strange they didn't choose a Whites as the free detector.

ramases
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Regton (UK) have been giving away a free Bounty Hunter with the v3, only if you pay RRP for the v3 though. Strange they didn't choose a Whites as the free detector.

Hadn't seen that - though personally I'd take the discount!! I was jjst having a gentle dig at Whites UK who never seem to give us the sweeteners their colleagues in the US give their customers.

Ill Digger
02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks for tip Snowy!
I have a friend who is looking to buy the V3.
But he thought Whites might have a spring speical.
So he's been waiting for something like this. I'll pass on the tip.
HH :grin:
Great... :rolleyes:... thats two V3's I'll be up against this summer. :rolleyes: Great :-\