PDA

View Full Version : Found Money...TWICE!

MartinL
12-31-2011, 06:03 PM
OK, it was a goof I didn't know that I made. I was bored so I thought I'd go practice in the yard, began swinging the 10 coil as soon as I hit grass, a mere 15' from the front door. Well, there was a good hit, says a penny in all respects on the V3i, but looked too large. I thought. I've hit that spot more than 100 times, how could I miss this before? I heard a double tone in the sweep but thought the separation of the 10 coil couldn't discern targets as close as indicating. Pinpoint said less than an inch and the Pro Pointer snagged a tired looking penny on the surface in about 3 seconds, so I assumed that was all there was too it. Swung the coil again, there less than 3 away from the first coin was a second, on the surface also. I had apparently dropped finds earlier on a previous trip back inside.

I just found it interesting how the events developed, and the results of the larger coil reporting on those close coins. I suppose I also need to get a fresh grocery bag for the storage of the yard finds at midnight ;-) martin

leslie(nova scotia)
01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....practise makes one perfect and one with their machine.....thats gud youz! All the best in 2012! <;)

JTGOLD
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
sounds like something I did last summer,found 3 coins I had droped by the front steps,, :blush: :blush: