PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a opinion on the eclips deep scan 8x14 DD

Spike
02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Have one comming for my DFX better than super 12 in minerized ground??

coinnut
02-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I never used the super 12, but had the 8x14. It is heavy and I used it primarily for fields. In my area, mineralization is thought to be high but it is really dispersed , so it's considered mild. To get a benefit over the concentric coils, you have to have pretty mineralized soil. I know out west there is a bunch and they may benifit from it. I just remember hunting in the snow with it and snow piling up on top of it....man was that heavy lol Hopefully someone that had both coils can give you a side by side on them.

Slump-Shooter
03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
I just went through vetting this coil for use with my V3, one it is heavy, two it is not V rated and that causes some instability when using all three freq. or 22.5 specifically. I checked with White and they say as was pointed out in this string that White is not going to V rate this coil because the D2 is as good or better and half the weight. I did work with the coil for a few days and it seemed to not have any real advantage in pattern or depth, but it sure was heavy! I am returning this coil today to KellyCo and swapping it for a White 5.3 & something else that I haven't figured out.

sjv
04-28-2010, 08:15 AM
I got this coil free for writing a White's story and used it maybe 4 times. Its clumsy and heavy. I don't even know what settings to use on my XLT? DO you?

coinnut
04-28-2010, 08:25 AM
I got this coil free for writing a White's story and used it maybe 4 times. Its clumsy and heavy. I don't even know what settings to use on my XLT? DO you?

When I had the coil, it was important to try and get the most Preamp with out any falsing or overload. But on the DFX I could never get it past 2 (out of 4 settings). For me, that elliminated any use for that coil. I sold mine. It may have served someone better doing beaches or mild soil in fields, but for cellar holes is was not the coil fo choice lol So set it as hot as you can get it without falsing Sal.

coinhunter8898
05-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I use the 1400dd as my primary coil on the DFX. I don't have problems swinging it because i use a shoulder mount and just have the weight of the coil and not the control box. Run it a 4 with ac at 75 with no problems here in West Texas